Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Profile Kyocera - Discovering Device Options. Please wait...

I selected "Requires communication with printer", but it fails to read the configuration for trays, finishers, etc..

All I get is a box for "Discovering Device Options. Please wait.." then box to select, but it's not giving me the correct options to select manually and a couple of settings are showing as available in the driver preferences portion.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Profile Kyocera - Discovering Device Options. Please wai

To add to this, this fails when going to preferences after it's installed. I get the same "Discovering Device Options". It eventually shows options, but has to timeout first and some aren't correct.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

farmersLSD;2419217 wrote:
To add to this, this fails when going to preferences after it's installed. I get the same "Discovering Device Options". It eventually shows options, but has to timeout first and some aren't correct.

I believe it uses snmp to fetch the info, do you have snmp port open in the firewall between workstation and server to the printer?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

If I install the printer manually and not through iPrint, then configuration works. I have SNMP allowed through firewall. No firewall running on server hosting iPrint. I also turned off workstation firewall. Same behavior.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.