Highlighted
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ricoh 5100n Print Issues after iPrint Appliance move

I am not sure if I am having a massive issue with the Print Drivers provided by Ricoh for the Aficio SP 5100n Printer or if something else is going on. I have had several people report that they are getting RPC failure messages when they attempt to install the printer. I usually can get the printers working again by doing a net start "Print Spooler" but the process is a manual one for me. And the end user has to wait until I get to them.

In reading the documentation it shows that a preference towards Post Script type drivers exists although the PCL 5 & 6 drivers are capable as well. Should I be looking at moving to the post script driver provided by Ricoh to resolve this issue? Is there anyone else running Ricoh printers that might have a resolution or suggestion to help me with this. My migration from my OES11 iPrint solution to the iPrint Appliance has been a nightmare. I can't say that iPrint has failed but the print drivers and installing/updating the print drivers have caused more problems then I expected.

A side Note: When I did the MIGGUI for my printer migration all the information other then the print drivers migrated correctly. The print driver migration failed repeatedly so I opted to just update the driver store with the new print drivers since I am only looking at about 32 printers and around 4 different printer types. It seems like the 5100n is the big headache at this point although it is also my largest printer base.

Thanks for the assistance!

Richard
0 Likes
1 Reply
rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Ricoh 5100n Print Issues after iPrint Appliance move

For anyone else that might be seeing this type of issue... After moving to the PS driver instead of the PCL driver a lot of my RPC errors went away. So this is more then likely just an issue with Ricoh's updated drivers and iPrint deploying them.

Richard
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.