UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SLES to SLES iPrint miggui

Greetings,

I just need a confirmation that when I do a SLES to SLES miggui with regard to iprint it will not delete the old iprint setup. I really just need miggui to copy the iprint printers and settings from an old SLES OES box to a new SLES OES box.

I use ZCM to push iprint policies and such and I will need to change them all over one by one so I don't want to drop the old server in one shot. I want to have them both running until I can successfully clear up my policies in ZCM.

Thanks!
Don

Don
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

donasutton;2214085 wrote:
Greetings,

I just need a confirmation that when I do a SLES to SLES miggui with regard to iprint it will not delete the old iprint setup. I really just need miggui to copy the iprint printers and settings from an old SLES OES box to a new SLES OES box.

I use ZCM to push iprint policies and such and I will need to change them all over one by one so I don't want to drop the old server in one shot. I want to have them both running until I can successfully clear up my policies in ZCM.

Thanks!
Don

Hi Don,

Yes, using the miggui you create a copy of the printers and drivers. Essentially you first create the new driver store and print manager on the new OES server, then you use the miggui on the new OES server to pull over configs and drivers (can be from different sources). The original source stays intact and your new printer objects will be placed in a new eDir container.
If you would like to keep all iPrint objects together, create the new iPrint container first, then place the new driver store and manager in there and go on from there.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.