Highlighted
IanB65
New Member.

SMT for Iprint 4 appliance ?

Does anyone know of a guide or process to setup an SMT (Subscription Management Tool) server to look after registration and updates for iPrint 4 ?

I had one setup for iPrint 3 based on SLES 11, but I assume an iPrint 4 one will need a SLES 12 one and appropriate keys from the Customer Center.

Cheers

Ian

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: SMT for Iprint 4 appliance ?

it is the same process as with 3.x version

0 Likes
IanB65
New Member.

Thanks for response, but as iPrint 4 is on SLES 12 I am confused.

SMT for version iPrint 3 uses a SLES11 server as Microfocus products were not included in SLES 12 at that time.

Do I build a SLES12 SMT server ?

Or can I add iPrint 4 as a mirror on my existing SLES 11 SMT ?

Cheers

Ian

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Currently there is no SMT on sles12 (tid7023687), so you need to sue the oes11 one and you just register appliance 4 as you did with the appliance 3.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.