Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Samsung Driver Question

We recently moved to Find-Me printing integrating PaperCut with iPrint appliance 2.1. The printing itself seems to be working, but the problem is the Samsung driver for the M5370 and X7500 multifunction devices seem to want to communicate directly to the printer to query features and supply levels, etc. We're mostly Mac and I've been able to circumvent the issue on the Macs by editing the driver and remove the option to query supply levels. However, on the few Windows machines we have, we get errors because the driver is trying to communicate with the printer directly. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Samsung Driver Question

On 02/07/2017 05:46 PM, alcockb wrote:
>
> We recently moved to Find-Me printing integrating PaperCut with iPrint
> appliance 2.1. The printing itself seems to be working, but the problem
> is the Samsung driver for the M5370 and X7500 multifunction devices seem
> to want to communicate directly to the printer to query features and
> supply levels, etc. We're mostly Mac and I've been able to circumvent
> the issue on the Macs by editing the driver and remove the option to
> query supply levels. However, on the few Windows machines we have, we
> get errors because the driver is trying to communicate with the printer
> directly. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
>
>

Without knowing what error are you getting and why should be a problem
to query the printer, try to remove this entry, it may help:

\\HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\,,ipp://<printername>\PrinterDriverData\NovellSNMPAddressAndPort

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.