Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Secure Print on Canon ImageRUNNER MFP

Hi!
I'm trying to setup a brand new Canon ImageRUNNER C5255 Multi-Function Printer.

Canon recommend to use their own printerdriver: UFR II-driver (This is not PS/PCL).
We are goint to use Secure Print.

I createt a new iPrint Agent and uploaded the driver to the Broker (NW6.5-SP8)

Problem is that Secure Print doesn't work. The printjob is sent to the machine, but the job is canceled.
If i disable Secure Print, the it works.

So my question is:
- Is it possible to get Secure Print to work in iPrint?

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Secure Print on Canon ImageRUNNER MFP

SOLVED!
The printer-driver has two places to configure Printer-settings; "Printer settings" and "Default Settings".
I have to set "Secure print" on both places. Its not enough to set this in "Default settings".

Then set Port-name in Printer Agent to IP-address. Now it works! 🙂

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.