Highlighted
Not applicable
5016 views

Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

I have been able to download drivers (PCL6) for the latest Sharp MX-3110N MFP, and create printer driver profiles for WinXP, Win Vista, and Win7 64bit but not Win7 32bit.

The creation process appears to create the hidden printer agent on the PC, but fails to give any screens to enable the actual configuration of the driver. I just have to crash IE other it sits showing a looping iprint progress box.

I have tried this on 2 separate Windows7 32bit machines, and we are running Netware6.5sp8 with iPrint fully patched.

Might the following from ipperrs.txt be a clue?

12/05/2011 - 16:13:30
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 19406, thread 0000126C
Routine: IppInterpretUri - Bad URI (not HTTP, HTTPS, or IPP) - iPrintUpload
Error: HTTP - Bad URL supplied (not HTTP:, HTTPS:, or IPP:).

12/05/2011 - 16:13:30
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 15252, thread 0000126C
Routine: GetPrinterInfoWithGoodStatus - Not our printer (iPrintUpload)
Error: The printer name is invalid.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:37
Module: iexplore.exe
Trace Info: registry.c, line 4343, thread 000015B4
Routine: GetUserServerVersionData - RegQueryValueEx failed 2
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:39
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: registry.c, line 3879, thread 00000364
Routine: FindDriverAndGetInfo - RegOpenKeyEx failed 2
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:39
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 6501, thread 00000364
Routine: GetCachedDriverDetails - failed to find (C:\NDPS\DRVR_CACHE\win-7\x86\SHARP MX-3110N PCL6\details.bin)
Error: The system cannot find the path specified.


The drivers I used are those that are also on the Sharp USA web site:

http://www.sharp-idncservice.com/DesktopModules/SharpDriver/SDdlViewFile.aspx?IDFile=10522&file=ARS-PCLPS-1.00-2kxpVista-XPVistax64.zip&location=D:\index\idncservice\\DriverFiles\ARS-PCLPS-1.00-2kxpVista-XPVistax64.zip&From=SharpUSA
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

ibelton;2105583 wrote:
I have been able to download drivers (PCL6) for the latest Sharp MX-3110N MFP, and create printer driver profiles for WinXP, Win Vista, and Win7 64bit but not Win7 32bit.

The creation process appears to create the hidden printer agent on the PC, but fails to give any screens to enable the actual configuration of the driver. I just have to crash IE other it sits showing a looping iprint progress box.

I have tried this on 2 separate Windows7 32bit machines, and we are running Netware6.5sp8 with iPrint fully patched.

Might the following from ipperrs.txt be a clue?

12/05/2011 - 16:13:30
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 19406, thread 0000126C
Routine: IppInterpretUri - Bad URI (not HTTP, HTTPS, or IPP) - iPrintUpload
Error: HTTP - Bad URL supplied (not HTTP:, HTTPS:, or IPP:).

12/05/2011 - 16:13:30
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 15252, thread 0000126C
Routine: GetPrinterInfoWithGoodStatus - Not our printer (iPrintUpload)
Error: The printer name is invalid.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:37
Module: iexplore.exe
Trace Info: registry.c, line 4343, thread 000015B4
Routine: GetUserServerVersionData - RegQueryValueEx failed 2
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:39
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: registry.c, line 3879, thread 00000364
Routine: FindDriverAndGetInfo - RegOpenKeyEx failed 2
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.


12/05/2011 - 16:14:39
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 6501, thread 00000364
Routine: GetCachedDriverDetails - failed to find (C:\NDPS\DRVR_CACHE\win-7\x86\SHARP MX-3110N PCL6\details.bin)
Error: The system cannot find the path specified.


The drivers I used are those that are also on the Sharp USA web site:

http://www.sharp-idncservice.com/DesktopModules/SharpDriver/SDdlViewFile.aspx?IDFile=10522&file=ARS-PCLPS-1.00-2kxpVista-XPVistax64.zip&location=D:\index\idncservice\\DriverFiles\ARS-PCLPS-1.00-2kxpVista-XPVistax64.zip&From=SharpUSA


Is that the Sharp "Universal Driver" ?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

No. To be honest I did not realise there was a Uinversal Driver for Sharp. We have Sharp MFPs rather than Sharp printers - perhaps the Universal Driver is aimed more at printers since I do not recall ever being offered it when looking at MFP driver downloads?

Regards
IanB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

ibelton;2105785 wrote:
No. To be honest I did not realise there was a Uinversal Driver for Sharp. We have Sharp MFPs rather than Sharp printers - perhaps the Universal Driver is aimed more at printers since I do not recall ever being offered it when looking at MFP driver downloads?

Regards
IanB


Okay good, since I know (and reported to Novell) that the Universal Driver for Sharp Printers doesn't work with iPrint.

We have several different Sharp MX MFP's working with iPrint here, but only for XP.. I'll try to duplicate this next week in our environment with the driver for W7-32, since we will soon migrate to 7 we would also want to make sure that these Sharp devices will work.

If you find a solution, please let us know.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

Thank you. I will report back if I make any further dsicoveries. We do have other models of Sharp MFP working - but this is Sharps latest model. Also profiles are working with the 64bit driver on Win7, and 32bit on XP and 32bit Vista, just not on 32bit Win7. Its the same driver across all 32bit platforms....

Cheerz
IanB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

Actually, my apologies, but this seems to have actually progressed into a general issue creating any profiles on win7 32bit, not just with the Sharp driver. Other OSes still do allow creation of driver profiles. So on one of the two PCs I am going to try going back to an earlier version of iprint client. This is occurring on 2 different Win7 32bit PCs, in test and development. Hmmm. Maybe I need to search these forums again for other clues.

Regards
IanB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

ibelton;2106202 wrote:
Actually, my apologies, but this seems to have actually progressed into a general issue creating any profiles on win7 32bit, not just with the Sharp driver. Other OSes still do allow creation of driver profiles. So on one of the two PCs I am going to try going back to an earlier version of iprint client. This is occurring on 2 different Win7 32bit PCs, in test and development. Hmmm. Maybe I need to search these forums again for other clues.

Regards
IanB


Right.

Going back a revision of iPrint did not resolve the issue.

So next I tried going back to IE8, and this resolved my issue. I can now create profiles for all my Windows7 32bit drivers once again, inclusing my Sharp driver which highlighted the issue for me.

If anyone else suffers from this issue, IE9 on Win7 32 bit stopping profile creation I will report it to Novell, otherwise I will presume its something unique to my 2 machines here.

Regards
IanB

Cheerz
IanB
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

ibelton;2109063 wrote:
Right.

Going back a revision of iPrint did not resolve the issue.

So next I tried going back to IE8, and this resolved my issue. I can now create profiles for all my Windows7 32bit drivers once again, inclusing my Sharp driver which highlighted the issue for me.

If anyone else suffers from this issue, IE9 on Win7 32 bit stopping profile creation I will report it to Novell, otherwise I will presume its something unique to my 2 machines here.

Regards
IanB

Cheerz
IanB


IE9 is not supported by iManager 2.7.x so no one should use IE9 until it's supported: Novell Doc: Novell iManager 2.7 Installation Guide - Server-Based and Client-Based Versions of iManager 2.7

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

Thanks for that. Because the documentation for imanager is older than IE9 its makes it a slightly harder decision. I tried IE9, but should have tested more fully before deciding to it was working - my bad.

Interestingly (or not) IE9 on Windows7 64 bit seems to be able to create printer driver profiles.

Ceerz
IanB
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

We had this same issue just today (May 2014) but it was resolved by updating the iPrint plugins for iManager.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Sharp MX-3110N printer driver profile creation failing

jesse_johnston;2318273 wrote:
We had this same issue just today (May 2014) but it was resolved by updating the iPrint plugins for iManager.


Thanks Jesse!

We have moved away from iPrint now, we are using a product called Uniprint for our staff printing environment. We have been using the same product for our student printing for quite a few years so have some experience with it.

Regards
IanB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.