Highlighted
New Member.

Strange problem iPrint Client Mac

Hi,

I have a strange problem with user accounts. The user in question connects to a Windows PC and can print to an iPrint printer normally. But when it connects to a Mac, it is not able to print. The iPrint client does not even allow it to authenticate itself. Yet I have other users for whom they all work normally. I looked at the account configs, but I did not find anything.

Could someone give me a solution track?

Version iPrint Client : 6.03.00
Mac Version : 10.11.6 El Captain

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Strange problem iPrint Client Mac

2 things to check :

1) Case Sensitivity of password....sometimes the novell client ignores the case sensitivity and allows authentication regardless of case... where as the mac is using ldap which does not ignore case

2) Make sure the problem user(s) have a attribute in their edirectory account called uniqueID.. I had a similar issue a few years back with a few accounts that were created a long time ago with nwadmin...which did not create this field on account creation
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.