youngjforge
New Member.

Translate

How do you translate the cryptic folder names (3C8C1C00.PA) within our NDPS spool folder structure to their corresponding printer names? and what does .PA designate? Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Translate

On 03/01/2013 20:36, youngjforge wrote:

> How do you translate the cryptic folder names (3C8C1C00.PA) within our
> NDPS spool folder structure to their corresponding printer names? and
> what does .PA designate? Thanks for any help.

The .PA indicates Printer Agent.

As for the cryptic folder names, they're hexadecimal values that map to a
particular printer agent. TID 10017565 may help.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
youngjforge
New Member.

That is helpful, thank you. But can that value be translated to the printer agent name? Or, is there a cross-reference somewhere that can be made from the value to the name?
0 Likes
Highlighted
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

youngjforge;2238542 wrote:
That is helpful, thank you. But can that value be translated to the printer agent name? Or, is there a cross-reference somewhere that can be made from the value to the name?

If you go to the print manager's status page (https://printservername.com/PsmStatus) , click "Advanced iPrint Manager Information" >> Generate Report >> check "Spooling location" and hit "Generate Report".

This'll show you the printer agent name along with the directory where that agent's jobs are held.

Matt
0 Likes
youngjforge
New Member.

Very good information, thank you very much. In our environment, I have to click inside Manager Health Monitor, then Advanced NDPS Manager Information. Once there I generate a report.

However, I have no available "Spooling Location" checkbox. Perhaps this is a difference in our versions. Ours is at v2.7.3.. I can find this level of detail inside a given printer agent screen, but not an overall summary report which is what we need. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
0 Likes
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In that case I guess you're running iPrint on Netware.

The TID that Simon pointed you toward earlier in this thread (Support | 10017565: How do you locate the spool location of a NDPS printer?) will give you the information you need...

Go to [url]https://[ipaddress_of_NDPSserver]:8009/PsmStatus[/url]
View the HTML source of the page and lines containing the string "/PsmStatus/PAStatus" will show the name of the directory (minus the ".PA") where jobs are spooled.

Matt
0 Likes
youngjforge
New Member.

Success! Thank you everyone.
0 Likes
mdallair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

youngjforge;2238433 wrote:
How do you translate the cryptic folder names (3C8C1C00.PA) within our NDPS spool folder structure to their corresponding printer names? and what does .PA designate? Thanks for any help.

You can create a report using the print manager report functionnality and choose to add the spooling area in the report.

The report will show you all your printer agent with the spooling area and then you can search for the folder name to know the printer.

Link to the doc Novell Doc: OES 2 SP3: iPrint Manager Health Monitor for Linux Administration Guide - Generating Reports

I am not sure but i think PA mean Printer Agent

Martin Dallaire
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.