Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1325 views

Two questions about oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch

Description for "oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch" says:

"1030148: The iPrint client is not installed with Firefox browser 52.x"

Does this mean that problem should be fixed? Still does not work here.

"This patch creates the infrastructure that is required before installing
'iPrint for OES'. "

Don't understand this. What exactly is "iPrint for OES"? I thought we have this runnig since several years?

Thanks,
Mirko
0 Likes
9 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 05/24/2017 05:06 PM, mguldner wrote:
>
> Description for "oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch" says:
>
> "1030148: The iPrint client is not installed with Firefox browser 52.x"
>
> Does this mean that problem should be fixed? Still does not work here.



yes, a new iprint.js file containing the fix. This issue is due to
Firefox dropping NPAPI support for plug ins. Verify that the new
iprint.js has been installed, you've cleared your browser cache and/or
any proxy that it may be involved between iprint and the browser.
Make sure you're talking about the same issue reported on tid7018719

>
> This patch creates the infrastructure that is required before installing
>
> "iPrint for OES".
>
> Don't understand this. What exactly is "iPrint for OES"? I thought we
> have this runnig since several years?


iPrint for OES is a new product, delivered as add-on, that brings the
mobile capabilities of the iprint appliance into the existing OES iprint
servers.







0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

>>
>> "iPrint for OES".
>>
>> Don't understand this. What exactly is "iPrint for OES"? I thought we
>> have this runnig since several years?

>
> iPrint for OES is a new product, delivered as add-on, that brings the
> mobile capabilities of the iprint appliance into the existing OES iprint
> servers.



https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2015/

iPrint for OES

Feature Tour
iPrint for OES Administration Guide
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Browser cache - that was the problem. Thanks!

So the right names are
"Novell iPrint" ("Micro Focus iPrint"?): included in OES
"iPrint for OES": add on, additional features, additional costs ?

Easy to confuse, I think...

Thanks,
Mirko
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 05/24/2017 06:16 PM, mguldner wrote:
>
> Browser cache - that was the problem. Thanks!


Great, solved.

>
> So the right names are
> "Novell iPrint" ("Micro Focus iPrint"?): included in OES
> "iPrint for OES": add on, additional features, additional costs ?
>
> Easy to confuse, I think...
>
> Thanks,
> Mirko
>
>


yes, i know, i suggested a different name but they did not listen to me 🙂

I'm not sure at 100% how license works but the desktop part of the add
on, you're already entitle to use it, only the mobile part comes with a
60 day trial license, after that, i believe you may purchase only the
mobile ones. Better contact with Micro Focus customer care center to get
a better explanation.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

You can also get more information on iPrint for OES here - https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/iprint-open-enterprise-server-latest-update-get/

You may have participated in an OES survey last summer. The results of that survey showed us that many OES users had not deployed the iPrint Appliance to take advantage of all of the new capabilities that we had added to iPrint there and instead just kept running iPrint on OES. iPrint for OES brings many of the new iPrint features of the appliance to OES.

iPrint for OES leverages your existing iPrint implementation and simply adds these new capabilities to it. In the Customer Centre you will find a license file. This license enables these new capabilities - as well as Mobile printing for 60 days. If you do not apply a license at all, all the new features like Chromebook printing, WalkUp printing, Email printing, etc will stop working after 60 days - but the original iPrint features that you have today will continue to work. As I already mentioned, you will get a 60 day eval of Mobile printing. If you choose to use it past 60 days, the only thing you would have to purchase is the Mobile printing license.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

One question:

How can I check if the OES2015SP1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch is
already installed on my server?

Does the patch come within the oes update channel?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 06/20/2017 05:18 PM, lis wrote:
> One question:
>
> How can I check if the OES2015SP1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch is
> already installed on my server?
>
> Does the patch come within the oes update channel?


yes it is just the normal iprint-server rpm that comes thru the channel.
So if you're running may maintenance patch, you've go it already.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

# zypper se oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch
Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Summary | Type
--+-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------+------
i | oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch | iPrint for OES - Enabler Patch | patch
0 Likes
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks for the answers,

it's already installed. I'll install iprint for OES later.

The naming is little confusing, as we have iPrint installed for years.
So as far as I understand iPrint for OES ist an addon/extension for
classical iPrint.


Am 20.06.2017 um 18:34 schrieb mguldner:
>
> # zypper se oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch
> Refreshing service 'nu_novell_com'.
> Loading repository data...
> Reading installed packages...
>
> S | Name | Summary
> | Type
> --+-----------------------------------------+----------------------------------+------
> i | oes2015sp1-iPrint-for-OES-Enabler-Patch | iPrint for OES - Enabler
> Patch | patch
>
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.