Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Unable to manage/config iPrint 2.0 any more

Hello,

I when through the process this morning to patch iPrint 2.0 to FP 531. After installing the patch users where no long able to print, I didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot this morning, I revered back to the snap shot I had taken.

Will I could print, except I could not do much else.

I then realized my evaluation license had expired, so I uploaded my SLA license and rebooted the box. With no luck fixing the problem.

I did some tweaking that was on the forums and even ran fix_driver_store script, because the error I was getting seemed pretty close to the error described in the TID. Still no luck.

So I am posting here to see if anyone can point me in the correct direction.

Here is some of the information I collected in the hope it would help.

[INDENT]Accessing iPrint Configuration

RPC Communication Error
An error occurred while communicating with the server, would you like to see the details?

(view details)

com.novell.admin.common.server.rpc.beans.RpcException: com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException:
Service method 'public abstract com.novell.admin.iprint.server.web.beans.MobilePrinterList com.novell.admin.iprint.client.services.IprintRpcService.getMobilePrinterList()
throws com.novell.admin.common.server.rpc.beans.RpcException' threw an unexpected exception: com.novell.admin.common.datamodel.beans.DataModelException:
Failed : HTTP error code : 404

iManager error

There was an internal error while communicating to target iPrint server. Check /var/log/apache2/error_log on target iPrint server for more details.

apache error log

[Wed Aug 31 14:13:57 2016] [error] [client 10.111.200.2 (my workstation IP)] File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/favicon.ico
[Wed Aug 31 14:14:34 2016] [error] [client 10.10.100.39 (server IP)] no acceptable variant: /usr/share/apache2/error/HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR.html.var*

Evaluation licence ran out in 7/23/16.
SLA licence added 8/31/16
Can add users to ACL of printer without receiving error. Most other functions cause error.

* this error was first seen last night at midnight.[/INDENT]

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Allen
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Unable to manage/config iPrint 2.0 any more

It almost sounds like an issue with the certificates. Is that all the Apache error log showed or did it show authentication failures? Check the /etc/opt/novell/iprint/httpd/conf/iprint_ssl.conf and make sure it is pointing to the IP or DNS of the Appliance. If it says localhost, change it to the IP or DNS of the Appliance and restart Apache (rcapache2 restart). If the issue persists, try recreating the certificates following TID: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016720 . You can follow the step by step, or you can skip to the Additional Information section where there is a script you can download that will step you through the process. There is also a link to a video you can watch that steps you through the process if you are interested.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Bob,

Thanks for your reply.

My iprint_ssl.conf was pointing to the IP address of the box. I saw on one of the TIDs that you could try adding the ORG name. I tried that by "REMing" the original line and adding the alternate line, no help. I am thinking thought I used the incorrect ORG, I used my production ORG not the ORG of the appliance, which (from memory) is o=iprintappliance.

I will follow the TID you mentioned and will let you know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Allen
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Bob,

Thanks that worked.

One thing, I had to bounce the box to be able to see printers in the Appliance management console.

Be well,

Allen
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.