Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upload Xerox Drivers

Hi,
I'am trying to upload Xerox Phaser 8400 drivers for Win7 32 bit to the broker. Whatever way or tool I use (also prdvgen.exe) always is there the error message
HTTP Status 500
type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet.AuthenticatorServlet.service(AuthenticatorServlet.java:341)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.30 logs.

2010-10-20 14:45:49 StandardWrapperValve[portal]: Servlet.service() for servlet portal threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.novell.emframe.fw.servlet.AuthenticatorServlet.service(AuthenticatorServlet.java:341)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:300)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:374)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:743)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:675)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:866)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I don't have problems with other printers (HP-infotec-Lexmark..)
How can I import Xerox drivers for Win7 32 bit

Thanks

Herman

0 Likes
4 Replies
glenn-brown Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upload Xerox Drivers

I have exactly the same issue but with Epson Drivers for a StylusPro.
It just won't upload to the broker.

Are the Xerox drivers digitally signed? What size are they?

I have read that Apache may need it's memory increased somehow, but am unsure of how to go about it.
0 Likes
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have first installed the printer locally, the done upgrade from the drivers. After that I have installed drivers "from local system" and these was no problem anymore. It took me 3 weeks before I found out how to install this drivers, because even the "signed drivers" from Xerox where given problems.
Perhaps you can solve your problem also.

Herman

0 Likes
becbrad438 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Herman;2037416 wrote:
Hi,

I have first installed the printer locally, the done upgrade from the drivers. After that I have installed drivers "from local system" and these was no problem anymore. It took me 3 weeks before I found out how to install this drivers, because even the "signed drivers" from Xerox where given problems.
Perhaps you can solve your problem also.

Herman

I have the same problem installing the xerox mobile express driver to the broker. I have installed the driver on my local workstation, and installed a xerox printer and configured it to use the local mobile express driver. When I go to the broker and click on add from System, I don't see the mobile express driver in the list. I don't even see the xerox printer I have installed in the list.
0 Likes
Herman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

becbrad438;2053619 wrote:
I have the same problem installing the xerox mobile express driver to the broker. I have installed the driver on my local workstation, and installed a xerox printer and configured it to use the local mobile express driver. When I go to the broker and click on add from System, I don't see the mobile express driver in the list. I don't even see the xerox printer I have installed in the list.

My problem is solved, I have installed the printer localy, do then an update for the drivers (via properties -new drivers-) from the microsoft site. I uploaded then that localy installed printer to the broker.
Good luck

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.