Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User Will Not Sync to Iprint Appliance

I have a user that I can't get to sync over to the appliance at all. I've verified that they have a uniqueID value that matches their username just like other users who work fine. I've had to fix a few user accounts that were missing the uniqueID value already and that allowed them to sync over fine, but this one user just will not work. This is a relatively new account, but we have made quite a few new accounts recently and they have all synced up just fine.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: User Will Not Sync to Iprint Appliance

I assume if you were to create a new test user, the test user would sync without an issue? I would start by comparing attributes of this user to a user that works. The other possibility is that the user data that has been imported into the MySQL database and for whatever reason, the process that runs to pull the user data from the MySQL database and sync it to eDirectory thinks the task has been completed or there is an issue with the user's data in the database. If there is an issue with the data in the MySQL database, you would need to open a support call so we could step through the process of removing the record.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have the same issue. Is there a way to reset the MySQL database without losing all the rights settings for the printers?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I just got off a chat with support and we worked through deleting the offending user from the database. The commands seemed simple. I am not sure why these are not posted here or as a TID. I made the mistake of closing the session before I saved the chat! Not sure if the chat is lost.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

We are going to publish a TID for this issue. Glad you got it working.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well it didn't work. The user still can't print.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Can you clarify? Is the user trying to print from a mobile device or from the desktop? If desktop, I assume this is a secure printer? Was the user able to install the printer and were they prompted for authentication? What happens when they try to print? Are they seeing an error? If you can provide as much detail as possible, that would be helpful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 10 desktop.
User gets failed auth on install of the printer. We never get to try printing because we can't install the printer.
user belongs to all the groups necessary to have rights to add and print
user can login to a Filr server that from what I understand uses the same technology
I have deleted the user from the app eDir and from SQL as per SR
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Okay so somehow the background authentication is failing for this user. Very strange. I assume if you were to assign the user a password for his object in the Appliance, authentication would succeed. Do you have the option of deleting the user from the production eDir, re-creating them and then try the import?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.