UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What is the easiest/simplest way to migrate iPrint from OES2 Linuxto OES2 Linux?

I would like to move our iPrint services from an OES2 Linux server to a new
OES2 Linux server.
Our printers are all hooked into ZCM and ZFD policies and would like to
avoid recreating them.

Would I be better to do a full server migration with the Linux OES Migration
tool or is there a way where I can backup the printer stuff on my original
server, move it out of the tree and then install new server same name etc
and then restore the printer info? Or even leave old server in place and
rename it and put new server in with correct name and then restore printer
database and profiles?

This was a simple thing to do under NetWare but I am not sure about doing
int OES Linux and how ZCM will handle things

Tom
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Use the migration utility to do a consildation migration of the iprint service onto the new server. Then take the cname (hopefully you used one) and point it to the new server. Make sure to change the coresponding directive in the print manager config file. restart the print manager once you do.

Tada, they are all using the new server.

If you did not use a cname for the print manager, then you need to use printer agent redirection to point the old printers to the new ones. This causes the existing printers to be ununstalled, and the new printer to be installed. You will want to change the iprint.ini on both servers to InformUserOfUpdates = 0. This will make this a silent process.

Touchstone Technology Network Consulting Engineer www.touchstonetech.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.