Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2596 views

Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

I've recently set up iPrint on a NW65SP3 Bordermanager and am unable
to download any print drivers from the iPrint page at
IPAddress:631/ipp due to a Winsock 10061 error. Any way to resolve or
isolate this problem?

Tks, Rickl
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

Do you have port 631 and 443 opened up (and 80 if you are trying to hit a
website with maps,...)?
> I've recently set up iPrint on a NW65SP3 Bordermanager and am unable
> to download any print drivers from the iPrint page at
> IPAddress:631/ipp due to a Winsock 10061 error. Any way to resolve or
> isolate this problem?
>
> Tks, Rickl


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:41:55 GMT, iprint@novell.com wrote:
They are both up and accessible when I drop the filters however even
with the filters down the error persists when attempts are made to
download a print driver to XP.

>Do you have port 631 and 443 opened up (and 80 if you are trying to hit a
>website with maps,...)?
>> I've recently set up iPrint on a NW65SP3 Bordermanager and am unable
>> to download any print drivers from the iPrint page at
>> IPAddress:631/ipp due to a Winsock 10061 error. Any way to resolve or
>> isolate this problem?
>>
>> Tks, Rickl

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

rickklaw@earthlink.net wrote:
> I've recently set up iPrint on a NW65SP3 Bordermanager and am unable
> to download any print drivers from the iPrint page at
> IPAddress:631/ipp due to a Winsock 10061 error. Any way to resolve or
> isolate this problem?


Possible ldap authentication error. Make sure your ipp.conf has working
ldap server in AuthLDAPURL.

Timo Pietilä
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

Well I'm not quite sure how it all ties together but LDAP on the
iPrint server has problems (ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP
server (81)) that I'm currently attempting to resolve. Would you know
what part LDAP plays in non-secure/secure iPrint and would it cause
this type of error?

Tks, Rickl

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:24:58 GMT, Timo Pietilä
<timo.pietila@helsinki.fi> wrote:

>rickklaw@earthlink.net wrote:
>> I've recently set up iPrint on a NW65SP3 Bordermanager and am unable
>> to download any print drivers from the iPrint page at
>> IPAddress:631/ipp due to a Winsock 10061 error. Any way to resolve or
>> isolate this problem?

>
>Possible ldap authentication error. Make sure your ipp.conf has working
>ldap server in AuthLDAPURL.
>
>Timo Pietilä


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

Rick wrote:
> Well I'm not quite sure how it all ties together but LDAP on the
> iPrint server has problems (ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP
> server (81)) that I'm currently attempting to resolve. Would you know
> what part LDAP plays in non-secure/secure iPrint and would it cause
> this type of error?


I had several places that gave me just that Winsock 10061 -error and
they all were caused by ldap difficulties. That is why I said that it is
possible ldap error. Once I had figured out all ldap issues everything
worked just fine. I never had any error downloading drivers from working
website, though.

But to give better advice gurus here probably need some more info:

Mainly:
iprint client version (this has big impact in several things)
iprint server side version.

I'm not guru, so I probably can't help much, just sharing some experiences.

Timo Pietilä
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

Tks for the info. iPrint version is 4.0.3, ippsrv.nlm is 4.00.04, and
client is 4.15.00/4.16.00, depending on the workstation. There appears
to be a single 4.16.00 client that actually works and is able to
download the printer driver without error. All others fail. I
upgraded a 4.15.00 but no change-still 10061. Perhaps it would work
if I deinstall/reinstall with 4.16.00 so no previous config files are
referenced. I'll give that a shot while I research further.

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 07:52:34 GMT, Timo Pietilä
<timo.pietila@helsinki.fi> wrote:

>Rick wrote:
>> Well I'm not quite sure how it all ties together but LDAP on the
>> iPrint server has problems (ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP
>> server (81)) that I'm currently attempting to resolve. Would you know
>> what part LDAP plays in non-secure/secure iPrint and would it cause
>> this type of error?

>
>I had several places that gave me just that Winsock 10061 -error and
>they all were caused by ldap difficulties. That is why I said that it is
>possible ldap error. Once I had figured out all ldap issues everything
>worked just fine. I never had any error downloading drivers from working
>website, though.
>
>But to give better advice gurus here probably need some more info:
>
>Mainly:
>iprint client version (this has big impact in several things)
>iprint server side version.
>
>I'm not guru, so I probably can't help much, just sharing some experiences.
>
>Timo Pietilä

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Winsock error 10061 when downloading driver to XP

It appears the answer to this problem was described in the earlier
post of 15 Dec 2005 'iPrint Winsock 10060 behind BorderManager'. I
had read this earlier and for whatever reason it didn't stick. By
cutting/pasting the url of the displayed printer on the iPrint page
and changing the private ip in the url to it's external public
counterpart I was able to download the driver without error and
successfully print. After I set up the DNS per the 15 Dec 2005
posting instructions I think things will work OK.

Rickl
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.