UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Xerox NDPS

I have a client working with Netware 6.5 SP7. They want to use a Xerox
Phaser 6180MFP-D as network printer. Can I enable this as a Novell NDPS
printer or MUST I install Xerox NDPS solution to enable this device in their
network?
If so, can I install the Xerox NDPS without rebooting the server or without
any problem (there are NO hidden need to know items)?

Dirk

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dirk,

Our campus has mostly Xerox Printers and Copiers all served by NDPS. We solely use the standard Novell gateway and send jobs via LPR/LPD. This has served us very well for several years.

-Chad

>>> Dirk<reknojkrid@hotmail.com> 3/2/2010 12:20 PM >>>

network?

Dirk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just thought of the only real gotcha we've had. It's related more to installing drivers then the gateway itself. Some of the Xerox drivers won't function if you upload them as is. We've had to use the Printer Driver Generator to work around this. http://www.novell.com/communities/files/PDRVGen.zip

>>> Chad Smith<chsmith1@wsc.edu> 3/2/2010 1:04 PM >>>

Dirk,

Our campus has mostly Xerox Printers and Copiers all served by NDPS. We solely use the standard Novell gateway and send jobs via LPR/LPD. This has served us very well for several years.

-Chad

network?

Dirk
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

will try that. as I uploaded the specific Xerox driver (NDPS compatible), but is no show on the client.
"Chad Smith" <chsmith1@wsc.edu> wrote in message news:4B8D0DBD.7F15.00F2.0@wsc.edu...
Just thought of the only real gotcha we've had. It's related more to installing drivers then the gateway itself. Some of the Xerox drivers won't function if you upload them as is. We've had to use the Printer Driver Generator to work around this. http://www.novell.com/communities/files/PDRVGen.zip

Dirk,

-Chad

network?

Dirk

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You should avoid the Xerox gateway. It will be potentially unstable and
reduce iPrint specific functionality.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The Printer Driver Generator will fix that. Even the drivers that Xerox claims are NDPS compatible seem to do that. The Generator does create a suitable workaround though.

>>> Dirk<reknojkrid@hotmail.com> 3/2/2010 2:30 PM >>>

will try that. as I uploaded the specific Xerox driver (NDPS compatible), but is no show on the client.
"Chad Smith" <chsmith1@wsc.edu> wrote in message news:4B8D0DBD.7F15.00F2.0@wsc.edu...

Dirk,

-Chad

network?

Dirk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.