Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Xerox Universal PS Driver Crashes Driver Store

I need to distribute the Universal PS printer driver for a Xerox WorkCentre multifunction copier. I do not have any issues loading the driver into Windows, but when I try to upload it to the iPrint Driver Store (on a fully-patched OES11 SP2 server) via iManager, it appears to start loading but then drops out with an error message the the idsd is not loaded. I get the same result loading from either the file or from the system. I have the same problem on different systems so it is not the computer (yes, I am using IE 11) and I can upload other Xerox drivers and other manufacturer drivers with no issues.

Is there a way to build the zip file offline and then manually add it to the Driver Store or upload it via the linux command line?

-L
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Xerox Universal PS Driver Crashes Driver Store

LarryResch;2397484 wrote:
I need to distribute the Universal PS printer driver for a Xerox WorkCentre multifunction copier. I do not have any issues loading the driver into Windows, but when I try to upload it to the iPrint Driver Store (on a fully-patched OES11 SP2 server) via iManager, it appears to start loading but then drops out with an error message the the idsd is not loaded. I get the same result loading from either the file or from the system. I have the same problem on different systems so it is not the computer (yes, I am using IE 11) and I can upload other Xerox drivers and other manufacturer drivers with no issues.

Is there a way to build the zip file offline and then manually add it to the Driver Store or upload it via the linux command line?

-L

Try: iprntcmd.exe -U <IPADDRESS SERVER> <admin> <Password> <Path to drivers .inf file> worked for this user: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvRwP6gWX8
Or maybe this: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7007340

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b1914lx6.html

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The operation fails using the command. I don't have access to the server right now, so I can't check the logs to see if there are any messages.

-L
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

I can duplicate this issue in my lab. My guess is if you were to look at the /var/opt/novell/log/iprint/idsd.log you will see a line like:
Invocation of AddResource() failed with error 1280
We have seen issues like this with a handful of drivers. In some cases using the iprntcmd command as mentioned earlier works around the issue. However in this case, the same failure occurs.
The issue has been reported to engineering. The only known work around is to try to find another compatible driver for this printer. There will be a new TID released in the next few days discussing this issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

For what it is worth, I tested uploading the non global version of a post script driver for the WorkCentre 6655 and it uploaded without an issue. I am not sure which specific WorkCentre printer you have, but hopefully Xerox has another driver available.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using another driver right now, but that driver is not aware of all the features on the printer (WorkCentre 7970). We were told by the Xerox rep to use this universal driver as it has more functionality and abilities than the printer-specific version. (Somethng along the lines that the universal driver is regularly updated by engineering while the printer-specific driver is not.) He was right about the extra abilities when we loaded it on one computer to test it out, now once I can get it to all the systems, I will hear less complaints from the end users about the old driver.

I have uploaded other drivers and the printer-specific drivers into iPrint with no problem also.

Thanks
-L
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 06/18/2015 11:36 AM, LarryResch wrote:
>
> We are using another driver right now, but that driver is not aware of
> all the features on the printer (WorkCentre 7970). We were told by the
> Xerox rep to use this universal driver as it has more functionality and
> abilities than the printer-specific version. (Somethng along the lines
> that the universal driver is regularly updated by engineering while the
> printer-specific driver is not.) He was right about the extra abilities
> when we loaded it on one computer to test it out, now once I can get it
> to all the systems, I will hear less complaints from the end users about
> the old driver.
>
> I have uploaded other drivers and the printer-specific drivers into
> iPrint with no problem also.
>
> Thanks
> -L
>
>

What is the exact driver you're tying to upload and what iprint client
version do you have?

I've downloaded file X-GPD_5.404.8.0_PS_x64.exe and extracted. On
imanager, driver store, i selected the x2UNIVP.inf and then the UPD PS
V3.5.404.8.0 and uploaded it with no problems to my oes11sp2 with May
patch applied and iprint client 6.0
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wanted to add to this.

This is on OES 2015.
Yesterday I was able to load the 64 bit Xerox Global Print Driver PCL6 with out issue.
Today when trying to load the 32 bit version of the same I got the "Check that the Driver Store (idsd) is loaded" error

I'll try and fall back to a slightly older driver for now but I would like to use this Global/Universal one eventually.

Jerald Harrison
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.