UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

banners process commands dont print

Hi;
We have a setup that was working on netware 6.5 sp5 and has not worked since.We were assigning a banner .jpl and using this to set up the printer for the particular job. It did not print the banner.
We are trying to bring the iprint servers up to sp8 and we cannot get this to work. The banner file has been renamed as .pcl . we do get some of the actions run but it allways puts out the banner and we do not want this.
Anyone any ideas or help?
also why do .txt banners appear to do nothing?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dave,

We have also extensively used legacy banners for printer setup purposes, typically the banner enusres that the tray settings are correct using DMINFO statements.

According to TID 10095095 you can use any extension (other than PCL, PS or TXT) to avoid getting overlays on the banners.

SP6 broke this (I back-revved) NDPSGW.NLM to get around the problem at the time. SP8 seems to have made things worse and at the moment I am unable to find a workaround.

Custom banners appear to be a waste of space - you have very little control over them at all.

Rob Clarke
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
Anyone got a fix for this??
We want to pass PCL in the banner without it printing.
We could do this on 6.5 SP5 why can we not do it now?
Do we have to put the server back to this level to regain functionality??
The recomendation is to change to custom banners, this setup is much more restrictive than what we have been getting with an earlier version, are there other options??
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

zumrob;1833027 wrote:
Dave,

We have also extensively used legacy banners for printer setup purposes, typically the banner enusres that the tray settings are correct using DMINFO statements.

According to TID 10095095 you can use any extension (other than PCL, PS or TXT) to avoid getting overlays on the banners.

SP6 broke this (I back-revved) NDPSGW.NLM to get around the problem at the time. SP8 seems to have made things worse and at the moment I am unable to find a workaround.

Custom banners appear to be a waste of space - you have very little control over them at all.

Rob Clarke
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.