pbradley67 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

chromebook will not install printer

Iprint Appliance 3.1 and Chromebook

I have installed the chromebook extension. When I try to add a printer, it will just say Micro Focus IPrint installing printer. Nothing else happens other than the percent going to 100% and repeating. I can install the printer on a windows pc with no problems. I do not have a SSL because it is a .local domain. Is there some setting on the chromebook that needs to be changed? The chromebooks are managed in a school.

Thanks

Paul
0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: chromebook will not install printer

On 18-01-18 18:44, pbradley67 wrote:
>
> Iprint Appliance 3.1 and Chromebook
>
> I have installed the chromebook extension. When I try to add a printer,
> it will just say Micro Focus IPrint installing printer. Nothing else
> happens other than the percent going to 100% and repeating. I can
> install the printer on a windows pc with no problems. I do not have a
> SSL because it is a .local domain. Is there some setting on the
> chromebook that needs to be changed? The chromebooks are managed in a
> school.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
>

Maybe tid7022253?
0 Likes
pbradley67 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mysterious;2473828 wrote:
On 18-01-18 18:44, pbradley67 wrote:
>
> Iprint Appliance 3.1 and Chromebook
>
> I have installed the chromebook extension. When I try to add a printer,
> it will just say Micro Focus IPrint installing printer. Nothing else
> happens other than the percent going to 100% and repeating. I can
> install the printer on a windows pc with no problems. I do not have a
> SSL because it is a .local domain. Is there some setting on the
> chromebook that needs to be changed? The chromebooks are managed in a
> school.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul
>
>

Maybe tid7022253?

The Chromebook will not install the printer. When I look at the list of printers I have none. The appliance is running the latest version 3.1.1.
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

We too have been using the iPrint extension to manage installed printers and print jobs. No change has been made to our Chromebooks to permit install. I have noticed the ongoing, never seeming to end, install message when attempting to install a certain printer. This started after the most recent update and Chrome version 63 & 64. We have been successful closing the window, refreshing and then installing the appropriate printer. What version of Chrome and extension are you currently testing?
0 Likes
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Have seen nothing but issues since the latest chrome updates. This has turned into a fiasco. The customer now wants to dump all Micro focus products
and go to all windows with google cloud print instead. I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this out. I would think that the issue would be
at this point. I would have thought there would be a response to the issue. This is happening against any version of print whether on OES or the
appliance now. So sad they are destroying themselves from within.
0 Likes
Highlighted
dmantz
New Member.

warper2;2476778 wrote:
Have seen nothing but issues since the latest chrome updates. This has turned into a fiasco. The customer now wants to dump all Micro focus products
and go to all windows with google cloud print instead. I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this out. I would think that the issue would be
at this point. I would have thought there would be a response to the issue. This is happening against any version of print whether on OES or the
appliance now. So sad they are destroying themselves from within.

Thank you for responding to this post. I will let you know that I have been communicating with an engineer and he was able to recreate this issue in his lab using MF Chromebook exstion version 1.1.3. He passed it along to programmers about 8 days ago. He sent an email to me yesterday stating they are currently testing the fix for this issue in version 1.1.3. So, hopefully we all should see a resolution in the next week.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Thank you very much for responding. I sure hope they get this straightened out quickly. We will wait and see again.
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

warper2;2476804 wrote:
Thank you very much for responding. I sure hope they get this straightened out quickly. We will wait and see again.

Please try this command on the iPrint server or Appliance via Putty/CMD line using Root as the username. We used this command from support and it addressed our issue. We are now printing again vai the MF iPrint client on Chromebooks and Chrome browser.

wget -P /tmp ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/novell-iprint-mobile-3.1.1_FTF_1083315-1.1.x86_64.rpm;rpm -Uvh /tmp/novell-iprint-mobile-3.1.1_FTF_1083315-1.1.x86_64.rpm;rcnovell-iprint-mobile restart
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

I followed exactly what was said. Now mobile does not even start. This is on OES 2018 with iprint mobile installed.

dmantz;2476860 wrote:
Please try this command on the iPrint server or Appliance via Putty/CMD line using Root as the username. We used this command from support and it addressed our issue. We are now printing again vai the MF iPrint client on Chromebooks and Chrome browser.

wget -P /tmp ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/novell-iprint-mobile-3.1.1_FTF_1083315-1.1.x86_64.rpm;rpm -Uvh /tmp/novell-iprint-mobile-3.1.1_FTF_1083315-1.1.x86_64.rpm;rcnovell-iprint-mobile restart
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

Please email me at mantzd at usd376 dot com and I will get you the engineer's address for you to ask him.
0 Likes
ablovatskia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dmantz;2476873 wrote:
Please email me at mantzd at usd376 dot com and I will get you the engineer's address for you to ask him.

Hi,

I have the latest extension v1.1.3 installed, but still when I click to install the printer from an iPrint appliance nothing happens. Any pointers on what is broken?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 08/03/18 16:36, dmantz wrote:

> Please email me at mantzd at usd376 dot com and I will get you the
> engineer's address for you to ask him.

Unless the engineer has given you his permission for you to hand out his
email address please don't do that. Others should instead open their own
Service Request with Micro Focus or wait for the fix to be publicly
released.

HTH.
--
Simon
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.