Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1340 views

driver web url

hello,
i would like to change the url of a printerfrom this :
http://file01/ippdocs/isinstf.htm?ippPrinterURL=ipp://file01/ipp/
P-Sharp-MX6200N-Zentrale&onInstalled=alert&onNotInstalled=install
to a url where klicking the link would result in reinstalling the
printerdriver, if it is installed.
i tried changing the parameter onInstalled=install instead of
onInstalled=alert, but with no changes in behaviour, the browser shows
a alert message that tells the user that the driver is already installed
and no driverupdate will be made.
is there something that could be done ?

--
Arno Krüger
krueger@bbs-ahaus.de
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

driver web url

The best way to force an auto-update of the driver is to change the
printer agent name and then the client will just re-install the printer.

> hello,
> i would like to change the url of a printerfrom this :
> http://file01/ippdocs/isinstf.htm?ippPrinterURL=ipp://file01/ipp/
> P-Sharp-MX6200N-Zentrale&onInstalled=alert&onNotInstalled=install
> to a url where klicking the link would result in reinstalling the
> printerdriver, if it is installed.
> i tried changing the parameter onInstalled=install instead of
> onInstalled=alert, but with no changes in behaviour, the browser shows
> a alert message that tells the user that the driver is already installed
> and no driverupdate will be made.
> is there something that could be done ?
>
> --
> Arno Krüger
> krueger@bbs-ahaus.de


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: driver web url

due to some firm intern naming policies, the renaming of a printer
agent would be of no help.
is there no way of changing the url in a way to force the iprint
webserverpage to install the driver regardless what so ever ?


iprint@novell.com wrote:

> The best way to force an auto-update of the driver is to change the
> printer agent name and then the client will just re-install the printer.
>
>> hello,
>> i would like to change the url of a printerfrom this :
>> http://file01/ippdocs/isinstf.htm?ippPrinterURL=ipp://file01/ipp/
>> P-Sharp-MX6200N-Zentrale&onInstalled=alert&onNotInstalled=install
>> to a url where klicking the link would result in reinstalling the
>> printerdriver, if it is installed.
>> i tried changing the parameter onInstalled=install instead of
>> onInstalled=alert, but with no changes in behaviour, the browser shows
>> a alert message that tells the user that the driver is already installed
>> and no driverupdate will be made.
>> is there something that could be done ?
>>
>> --
>> Arno Krüger
>> krueger@bbs-ahaus.de


--
Arno Krüger
krueger@bbs-ahaus.de
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: driver web url

i found another problem.
even when i create a new printerobject and associate it to the
new driver, the link wont replace the installed driver on my system.
example :

i created a new object called mx-driver and linked it to the new
driver.
afterwards i clicked on the link to install the not installed object.
it was installed, but the driver is the old driver (3.6.0.6 instead
of 3.11.0.11).
the driver on the system was not replaced by the new driver.


Arno Krüger wrote:

> due to some firm intern naming policies, the renaming of a printer
> agent would be of no help.
> is there no way of changing the url in a way to force the iprint
> webserverpage to install the driver regardless what so ever ?
>
>
> iprint@novell.com wrote:
>
>> The best way to force an auto-update of the driver is to change the
>> printer agent name and then the client will just re-install the printer.
>>
>>> hello,
>>> i would like to change the url of a printerfrom this :
>>> http://file01/ippdocs/isinstf.htm?ippPrinterURL=ipp://file01/ipp/
>>> P-Sharp-MX6200N-Zentrale&onInstalled=alert&onNotInstalled=install
>>> to a url where klicking the link would result in reinstalling the
>>> printerdriver, if it is installed.
>>> i tried changing the parameter onInstalled=install instead of
>>> onInstalled=alert, but with no changes in behaviour, the browser shows
>>> a alert message that tells the user that the driver is already installed
>>> and no driverupdate will be made.
>>> is there something that could be done ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Arno Krüger
>>> krueger@bbs-ahaus.de

>


--
Arno Krüger
krueger@bbs-ahaus.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.