Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1895 views

email based printing and myq

Hey

we have installed a iPrint Appliance 1.1.0.407-HP.414 and want to use the email based print. I have configured the appliance on the webinterface and the email based printing works fine with our "normal" printers (works with SSL/TLS and the correct credential). For our multifunction printers we have a "MyQ" - printsoftware and it works good with the iPrint-Client on our Windows 7 computers and the correct credential for SSL/TLS. But if we sent a email to print@xyz.at and want to print on our multifunction printers, the credential were not be in the same form like the Windows iPrint client because our "MyQ" - Software shows me this error.

2015-05-26 15:23:57: Regular expression did not match the job owner: "^(.*?)[.]" in "username"
2015-05-26 15:23:57: Job's owner not specified. The job was discarded.

I have tested the configuration with the FDN value in the /etc/opt/novell/iprintmobile/conf/iprintmobile.conf file with no positive result.

Thanks a lot

Mety
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: email based printing and myq

On 05/27/2015 02:46 PM, mety wrote:
>
> Hey
>
> we have installed a iPrint Appliance 1.1.0.407-HP.414 and want to use
> the email based print. I have configured the appliance on the
> webinterface and the email based printing works fine with our "normal"
> printers (works with SSL/TLS and the correct credential). For our
> multifunction printers we have a "MyQ" - printsoftware and it works good
> with the iPrint-Client on our Windows 7 computers and the correct
> credential for SSL/TLS. But if we sent a email to print@xyz.at and want
> to print on our multifunction printers, the credential were not be in
> the same form like the Windows iPrint client because our "MyQ" -
> Software shows me this error.
>
> 2015-05-26 15:23:57: Regular expression did not match the job owner:
> "^(.*?)[.]" in "username"
> 2015-05-26 15:23:57: Job's owner not specified. The job was discarded.
>
> I have tested the configuration with the FDN value in the
> /etc/opt/novell/iprintmobile/conf/iprintmobile.conf file with no
> positive result.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Mety
>
>


If the email address of the sender has been configured on the user
object on the source ldap server and imported into the appliance, when
this user sends an email, the appliance will match the email address to
the user's name and his FDN will be used instead of email address. That
will help with accountant software.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: email based printing and myq

I have added the email address to the userobject on the appliance and it also doesn't work. Same error as before.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: email based printing and myq

On 05/28/2015 09:56 AM, mety wrote:
>
> I have added the email address to the userobject on the appliance and it
> also doesn't work. Same error as before.
>
>



did you add it on the appliance object or on the source object? it has
to be added to the source and then sync it with the appliance.

it works for me if i check the appliance audit. I could see how the
email address of the sender is changed to the user name when i applied
this steps.
you can check yourself enabling audit on the printer and checking the
name recorded there.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: email based printing and myq

On the source server were all informations. CN, mailadresse, telephone number... The appliance only sync some data like surename. In the audit is the right username but something must be different to the iPrintclient on Windows.

Here are my auditlog:
cn=username ou=verw o=tcc,mfpumit,05/28/2015 09:45:31 AM,05/28/2015 09:45:32 AM,1,57736,Completed,/var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/jobs/1.0.EmailBody.html.prn,PS
cn=username ou=verw o=tcc,mfpumit,05/28/2015 09:45:31 AM,05/28/2015 09:45:33 AM,1,596742,Completed,/var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/jobs/1.1.peermatt_20150528090705.pdf.prn,PS

thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: email based printing and myq

On 06/01/2015 01:46 PM, mety wrote:
>
> On the source server were all informations. CN, mailadresse, telephone
> number... The appliance only sync some data like surename. In the audit
> is the right username but something must be different to the
> iPrintclient on Windows.
>
> Here are my auditlog:
> cn=username ou=verw o=tcc,mfpumit,05/28/2015 09:45:31 AM,05/28/2015
> 09:45:32
> AM,1,57736,Completed,/var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/jobs/1.0.EmailBody.html.prn,PS
> cn=username ou=verw o=tcc,mfpumit,05/28/2015 09:45:31 AM,05/28/2015
> 09:45:33
> AM,1,596742,Completed,/var/opt/novell/iprintmobile/jobs/1.1.peermatt_20150528090705.pdf.prn,PS
>
> thanks
>
>


so it looks like it works and the matching is happening. i'm not
familiar with your account software so i do not know how it works. If is
running on a different machine, then you may be able to take a lan trace
while using the windows client and when using the appliance and see what
the differences are.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.