Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2082 views

error code 126

Hi
I am using XP PRO SP2 and have installed Novell Iprint client v03.09.00
and its possible to see all printers avialable. But when I try to install
a printer (difrent models) its starting downloading from the network but
rather quickly gets an error

error group:windows
error code: 126

Any ideas

Regards Bo
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error code 126

Boolsen@mail.danbbs.dk wrote:

> 126


Hi
That simply means file not found. Looks like the driver you try to
install is not a driver that can be properly installed by it's inf file.
I would rerun the setup of the latest iprint client 3.11 an try again.
What driver is that ?

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error code 126

> Hi
> I have tried to install on another PC with XP using the same User login

and Iprint client, it is working correctly.
The drivers that are beeing used are different models of HP and Ricoh
I will try to use the new client 3.11 today.

Regards, Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error code 126

Hi
I have tried the new iprint client 3.11 today. its not changing anything,
still can't install any printer from the ipprint client menu.
>
> Regards, Bo
>


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error code 126

boolsen@mail.danbbs.dk wrote:

> Hi
> I have tried the new iprint client 3.11 today. its not changing
> anything, still can't install any printer from the ipprint client
> menu.
> >
> > Regards, Bo
> >


What driver are you using ?
I.e. the HP driver ?
Need to know the exact file to duplicate.

--
Regards, Kai Reichert
Novell Support Forum Sysop

H lp! S m b d st l ll th v w ls fr m m k yb rd!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: error code 126

> boolsen@mail.danbbs.dk wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I have tried the new iprint client 3.11 today. its not changing
> > anything, still can't install any printer from the ipprint client
> > menu.
> > >
> > > Regards, Bo
> > >

>
> What driver are you using ?
> I.e. the HP driver ?
> Need to know the exact file to duplicate.
>
> -- We have solved the problem, just reinstall the Novell Client

Thanks for your help

Regards Bo
> Regards, Kai Reichert
> Novell Support Forum Sysop
>
> H lp! S m b d st l ll th v w ls fr m m k yb rd!


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

error code 126

Having the same problem using NDPS and iPrint. XP PC SP1. Also, cannot
add the printer via tcp/ip ports as this gives an error of port already
exists.

Any suggestions gratefully recieved. Port details/settings removed from
Registry.

Thanks,

Jon.

> Hi
> I am using XP PRO SP2 and have installed Novell Iprint client v03.09.00
> and its possible to see all printers avialable. But when I try to

install
> a printer (difrent models) its starting downloading from the network

but
> rather quickly gets an error
>
> error group:windows
> error code: 126
>
> Any ideas
>
> Regards Bo


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.