Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
4080 views

hostmib ndps error


One of my ndps server (6.5, sp3, clustered) keep generating the
following error on the console for about a week now. Does anyone have
any ideas? Thanks.

Mike

HostMIB NDPS error:

NWDPLibDisplayError Report:



Reported NWDP_LE_xxxx error: 0x700005


--
vze1xxfl
0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error

Hi Mike,

Hostmib collects and sends SNMP management information.
Somehow it can't read your NDPS configuration right.
Try applying the iprintjar3 patch, which contains an updated library file
DPSLV386.

If you don't use Zen for Servers or similar Management software it is best
to unload this nlm, (do not execute NMA5.NCF).
You're not experiencing any problems with NDPS then ?

Peter

> One of my ndps server (6.5, sp3, clustered) keep generating the
> following error on the console for about a week now. Does anyone have
> any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> HostMIB NDPS error:
>
> NWDPLibDisplayError Report:
>
>
>
> Reported NWDP_LE_xxxx error: 0x700005
>
>
> --
> vze1xxfl



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error


Peter,

Is there a TID from novell discuss that particular problem. I will
dowload the patch and see if I can apply it when I can find a good
maintenance window. Yes, users do experience with slowness when they
print ( really slowwwwwwwwwww).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Peter vdW Wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Hostmib collects and sends SNMP management information.
> Somehow it can't read your NDPS configuration right.
> Try applying the iprintjar3 patch, which contains an updated library
> file
> DPSLV386.
>
> If you don't use Zen for Servers or similar Management software it is
> best
> to unload this nlm, (do not execute NMA5.NCF).
> You're not experiencing any problems with NDPS then ?
>
> Peter
>
> > One of my ndps server (6.5, sp3, clustered) keep generating the
> > following error on the console for about a week now. Does anyone

> have
> > any ideas? Thanks.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > HostMIB NDPS error:
> >
> > NWDPLibDisplayError Report:
> >
> >
> >
> > Reported NWDP_LE_xxxx error: 0x700005
> >
> >
> > --
> > vze1xxfl



--
vze1xxfl
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error

> Is there a TID from novell discuss that particular problem. I will
> dowload the patch and see if I can apply it when I can find a good
> maintenance window. Yes, users do experience with slowness when they
> print ( really slowwwwwwwwwww).
>


Mike,

No TID, there's very little on Hostmib in the KB.
Someone in here had the same issue, that was solved by unloading hostmib and
putting a replica of the partition holding the print objects and user
objects on the NDPS server.
As he made both changes at the same time I don't know which one of the two
actual solved it...

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error


Peter vdW Wrote:
> > Is there a TID from novell discuss that particular problem. I will
> > dowload the patch and see if I can apply it when I can find a good
> > maintenance window. Yes, users do experience with slowness when they
> > print ( really slowwwwwwwwwww).
> >

>
> Mike,
>
> No TID, there's very little on Hostmib in the KB.
> Someone in here had the same issue, that was solved by unloading
> hostmib and
> putting a replica of the partition holding the print objects and user
> objects on the NDPS server.
> As he made both changes at the same time I don't know which one of the
> two
> actual solved it...
>
> Peter


Did he apply the patch you mentioned in earlier post beside unloading
hostmib?
And if hostmib is not loaded, won't you loose any printer status info (
like idle, printing, etc..) that snmp provides? Thanks.

Mike


--
vze1xxfl
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error

Mike,

> Did he apply the patch you mentioned in earlier post beside unloading
> hostmib?


No, this was a SP2 server

> And if hostmib is not loaded, won't you loose any printer status info (
> like idle, printing, etc..) that snmp provides? Thanks.
>


No, SNMP between server and printers is handled by NDPSGW.
Hostmib is for collecting SNMP info from the server (not only NDPS) for use
with outside management software, like ZfS.

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error


No, SNMP between server and printers is handled by NDPSGW.
Hostmib is for collecting SNMP info from the server (not only NDPS) for
use
with outside management software, like ZfS.


Peter,

now understand what hostmib is used for, this may not be an option for
me since I do use HP Insight Manager to monitor our servers. Thanks
for the explanation.

Mike


--
vze1xxfl
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error

> now understand what hostmib is used for, this may not be an option for
> me since I do use HP Insight Manager to monitor our servers. Thanks
> for the explanation.
>


Mike

Sorry to have to disappoint you again 🙂
HP SIM traps are handled by the HP agents that get loaded in CPQSNMP.NCF.

Believe me, nothing is going to fail when you leave Hostmib unloaded.
Only danger is that it hangs when you manually unload it. So the best way
would be to rem out NMA5.ncf in autoexec, so at next reboot it won't get
loaded.

Peter


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error


Peter,

no I am not disappointed yet. 🙂 Actually I am glad that you know what
I am looking for and was able to help. anyhow, I did not see the
NMA5.ncf in my autoexec but when I checked, hostmib was loaded somehow.
Thanks.

Mike

Sorry to have to disappoint you again 🙂
HP SIM traps are handled by the HP agents that get loaded in
CPQSNMP.NCF.

Believe me, nothing is going to fail when you leave Hostmib unloaded.
Only danger is that it hangs when you manually unload it. So the best
way
would be to rem out NMA5.ncf in autoexec, so at next reboot it won't
get
loaded.

Peter


--
vze1xxfl
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hostmib ndps error

>
I am seeing a simular error.
NWDPDisplayErrorMAC Report:

Reported NWDP_LE_xxxx error: 50002
Library module: N/A
Library line: 0

Can someone let us know what this is referring to and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Victor

> One of my ndps server (6.5, sp3, clustered) keep generating the
> following error on the console for about a week now. Does anyone have
> any ideas? Thanks.
>
> Mike
>
> HostMIB NDPS error:
>
> NWDPLibDisplayError Report:
>
>
>
> Reported NWDP_LE_xxxx error: 0x700005
>
>
> --
> vze1xxfl


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: hostmib ndps error

> Can someone let us know what this is referring to and how to fix it?
>

Victor

If you read the rest of this thread you will see the suggested solution:

"No TID, there's very little on Hostmib in the KB.
Someone in here had the same issue, that was solved by unloading hostmib and
putting a replica of the partition holding the print objects and user
objects on the NDPS server.
As he made both changes at the same time I don't know which one of the two
actual solved it... "

Peter



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.