Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iManager-Iprint Plugin broken - After OES2015 SP1 Patch

After applying the Feb 6th 2018 OES 2015 SP1 Mandatory patch and the latest SLES 11 SP4 patches,

I can't no longer manage iprint manager or printers through iManager. It will be prompted with " Internal error, a page has performed an illegal action" message. I have several servers with iManager and they all had the same issue after the patches. Though I can't manage or create new printer from imanager, Print service behaves normally.

The last time I updated was Jan, 2018.

I have tried to update imanager framework plugin, and update iprint plugin with no help. I have even reinstalled iprint plugin followed this TID
https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014466

I can't be alone on this issue. Any body ran into or confirmed this bug?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: iManager-Iprint Plugin broken - After OES2015 SP1 Patch

Same here.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Check to see if your server has this version of Java installed (ps -ef | grep java) :

java-1_7_1-ibm-1.7.1_sr4.20-26.13.1

If so I recommend you backrev it to the previous version (zypper in -f java-1_7_1-ibm=1.7.1_sr4.15-26.8.1). Restart novell-tomcat6 and let us know if this makes a difference.

Cheers,
Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

It was the SLES patch that broke it for us as we were managing iprint from oes server-based iManagers (servers that did not have iprint installed), up until the most recent patching on Sunday. These servers were patched about 2 weeks earlier.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

That fixed it for us.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Backrev to version 1.7.1_sr4.15-26.8.1 works. This exact Sles SP4 patch released on March 7th, 2018 is the issue.
- slessp4-java-1_7_1-ibm-13500-1

I don't think they're going to pull it.
Thanks,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a solution other than Backrev ing the java update. The problem is links in /etc/alternatives to the policy jar files for java. This can be fixed by running:
update-alternatives --auto jce_1.7.1_ibm_local_policy

After the update and restarting tomcat.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.