Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Administrator?

Is it possible to assign multiple eDir users to be administrators over the Appliance system? I have been looking at ways to do this but can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I would like to make each of my other techs capable of clearing stuck print jobs and the only way to do that is through administrative control from what I can see. If there is an easier way of doing this then having them log in to the Appliance can someone point me in the direction on how that can be done?

Thanks

Richard
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Administrator?

You are not doing anything wrong, presently to have Administrators other than the Appliance Admin you will need to create them locally. The LDAP import of users from eDir and AD does not allow for specific DIR Admins to then have Admin rights on the Appliance. LDAP users are imported for features such as Mobile App auth and for auto install of printers, for example...

This has been raised before but the appliance is designed in a way that Admin users should be created locally so they exist in their own container to avoid any potential issues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Administrator?

Could IDM be used to sync specific eDir users to the appliance's local instance?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.