sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Appliance 1.0.1 - self signed certificate expired

Hello all,

I have an iPrint Appliance 1.0.377.2 that the original self-signed certificate expired. Everything works as far as printing and installing printers from a browser but I can no longer manage printers (anything to do with iManager).

I have tried to create a new self signed certificate (key pair) with only the required info (DNS name matches appliance name, everything else is default) and rebooted the appliance but still the error persists:

Authorization Required
IPP Error: 0xF0191
HTTP Error: 401

What am I missing?

Steve D.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.0.1 - self signed certificate expired

Covered in this link:

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016720

Just went through the same thing myself. You need to follow the steps
in the TID to get cert management plugins loaded into your appliance
iManager, then you can fix the cert issue.

Best,

DG

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:16:01 GMT, sjdimare
<sjdimare@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Hello all,
>
>I have an iPrint Appliance 1.0.377.2 that the original self-signed
>certificate expired. Everything works as far as printing and installing
>printers from a browser but I can no longer manage printers (anything to
>do with iManager).
>
>I have tried to create a new self signed certificate (key pair) with
>only the required info (DNS name matches appliance name, everything else
>is default) and rebooted the appliance but still the error persists:
>
>Authorization Required
>IPP Error: 0xF0191
>HTTP Error: 401
>
>What am I missing?
>
>Steve D.

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

And, once your cert issue is fixed you should really consider moving
to Appliance 1.1 with Patch 3. There are some definite improvements
contained therein...

Best,

DG

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:24:32 GMT, DG <devern.gerber@ccsdut.org> wrote:

>Covered in this link:
>
>https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016720
>
>Just went through the same thing myself. You need to follow the steps
>in the TID to get cert management plugins loaded into your appliance
>iManager, then you can fix the cert issue.
>
>Best,
>
>DG
>
>
>On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:16:01 GMT, sjdimare
><sjdimare@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I have an iPrint Appliance 1.0.377.2 that the original self-signed
>>certificate expired. Everything works as far as printing and installing
>>printers from a browser but I can no longer manage printers (anything to
>>do with iManager).
>>
>>I have tried to create a new self signed certificate (key pair) with
>>only the required info (DNS name matches appliance name, everything else
>>is default) and rebooted the appliance but still the error persists:
>>
>>Authorization Required
>>IPP Error: 0xF0191
>>HTTP Error: 401
>>
>>What am I missing?
>>
>>Steve D.

0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DG;2411058 wrote:
And, once your cert issue is fixed you should really consider moving
to Appliance 1.1 with Patch 3. There are some definite improvements
contained therein...

Best,

DG

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 16:24:32 GMT, DG <devern.gerber@ccsdut.org> wrote:

Thanks for this info and link with details.

I have an issue with iManager where I do not have Plug-in installation as an option.

Some Roles are not displayed because:
Current logged in user is not authorized to configure iManager.

"You are currently logged in to APPLIANCE_1383760114 as admin.iPrintAppliance with Collection Owner Access."

I am using the local Admin user that I created when I built the appliance. Is there something I need to do to provide these roles. I can not seem to find that option within the iManager on the Appliance.

It is on my list to migrate to the latest version of iPrint but that will not likely happen until the Holiday Break.

Steve D.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

If you are logging into iManager with the eDir admin account that was created at the time the Appliance was installed, iManager should show you logged is as admin.iPrintAppliance with Unrestricted Access. If you are seeing Collection Owner Access, then somehow your Role Based services got configured or the admin account was changed. Edit the /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/config.xml and add the following at the bottom of the file just before the </config> line:
<setting>
<name><![CDATA[RBS.forceUnrestricted]]></name>
<value><![CDATA[true]]></value>
</setting>

After saving the change, restart Tomcat on the Appliance (rcnovell-tomcat6 restart) and then try logging into iManager. Hopefully this will give you unrestricted access and will allow you to follow the instructions in the TID.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

bobjohnson;2411119 wrote:
If you are logging into iManager with the eDir admin account that was created at the time the Appliance was installed, iManager should show you logged is as admin.iPrintAppliance with Unrestricted Access. If you are seeing Collection Owner Access, then somehow your Role Based services got configured or the admin account was changed. Edit the /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/WEB-INF/config.xml and add the following at the bottom of the file just before the </config> line:
<setting>
<name><![CDATA[RBS.forceUnrestricted]]></name>
<value><![CDATA[true]]></value>
</setting>

After saving the change, restart Tomcat on the Appliance (rcnovell-tomcat6 restart) and then try logging into iManager. Hopefully this will give you unrestricted access and will allow you to follow the instructions in the TID.

OK. I can now see that now see that I am logged in with Unrestricted Access but I still can not Install Plug-ins. Logged in user is not authorized. Is there a way to make the user the Collection Owner?

I have tried adding the iPrint Appliance admin user and group into all roles in RBS configuration but to no avail.

Clearly I missed something in the setup.

Steve D.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a backup of my configuration. Could I just down this server, build a new iPrint appliance and restore the configuration?

Ideally, this is what I planned to do over the holiday break with the newer version of the appliance but maybe this forces me to do it earlier.

Just a thought.

Steve D.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

It almost sounds like the admin password was changed after it was configured during the initial install. Changing the admin password is not supported unless you use a script to do so. Refer to TID https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014340 for details. If you know that the admin password was changed using iManager, it might be worth resetting it again using the instructions in the TID. Regarding the backup/restore, if by backup you mean you have exported the configuration using the "Export Configuration" option in the Management Console, then yes you should be able to restore the configuration using the iPrintConfig.zip that is created during the export process. Just make sure when you build the new Appliance, the initial configuration matches the settings of the original Appliance. Meaning, passwords and the network configuration must be identical. We do not expect the IP address or DNS to change and it can cause issues when that happens. If you have the option, I would suggest possibly opening a call with support if you run into additional complications attempting to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I may just start from scratch since this seems to be thoroughly messed up. I can just rebuild all of the printers - less than 50 district wide.

I did not change the Admin password at anytime and I have all of the users documented.

Steve D.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.