Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1737 views

iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

So I've read through what documentation I found but I must have missed the section with details upgrade instructions from 1.0.1 to 1.1. If I did could someone point me to them. If I didn't is anyone willing to take a crack at creating some. Mobile printing is just starting to catch on here and I want the new features but I don't want downtime.

Any help is appreciated, even if it's just hey bone head read it here. Thanks.

Or is it exactly the same as 1.0.1?
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

nlandas;2331326 wrote:
So I've read through what documentation I found but I must have missed the section with details upgrade instructions from 1.0.1 to 1.1. If I did could someone point me to them. If I didn't is anyone willing to take a crack at creating some. Mobile printing is just starting to catch on here and I want the new features but I don't want downtime.

Any help is appreciated, even if it's just hey bone head read it here. Thanks.

Or is it exactly the same as 1.0.1?


Yeah the docs are not very clear... But basically you export the configuration from the "old" iPrint, shut it down, deploy the new with same network, disk setup, regional settings, passwd, etc as the old one. When it's installed you choose to upgrade and point it to the exported zip file, reboot and that's it.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

nlandas wrote:

>
> So I've read through what documentation I found but I must have missed
> the section with details upgrade instructions from 1.0.1 to 1.1. If I
> did could someone point me to them. If I didn't is anyone willing to
> take a crack at creating some. Mobile printing is just starting to
> catch on here and I want the new features but I don't want downtime.


Yeah, the upgraded steps are a bit hidden. To add to Thomas, here's
the link to that section of the docs which basically cover the same
steps he's already posted.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b15y4ib2.html#b15y52nm

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

thsundel;2331341 wrote:
Yeah the docs are not very clear... But basically you export the configuration from the "old" iPrint, shut it down, deploy the new with same network, disk setup, regional settings, passwd, etc as the old one. When it's installed you choose to upgrade and point it to the exported zip file, reboot and that's it.

Thomas


Thanks Thomas,

The IP info and username and password info is easy to duplicate. Is there an easy way to look up and write down the remainder like disk setup?

-Nyle
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

nlandas;2331434 wrote:
Thanks Thomas,

The IP info and username and password info is easy to duplicate. Is there an easy way to look up and write down the remainder like disk setup?

-Nyle


That question sounds really novice to me. What I mean to say is I'm confused on the disk portion more specifically. On Filr you have to create separate disks to store information with Mobile iPrint I don't remember doing that. My VM only shows one 40GB disk attached to it. The video simply shows selecting use hard disk and continuing on. It also says on the warning message that says don't store data on the system disk (Which apparently, I am doing on the appliance already) the video says to just continue anyway.

Then it shows importing the configuration into it.

So once I've done that since I have all the IP and username info, etc. How do I add another hard disk to store data. I was pretty certain I set up the appliance as per documentation but obviously if I was supposed to add another virtual disk, I did something wrong.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

I'm curious about what appears to be a requirement for a secondary virtual disk that I must have missed in my initial configuration as above.

Thank you for the link. The documentation is certain terse when it comes to the process. The old video fills in the gaps well.

After that I had one last question just for confirmations sake. Does the iprint config export/import retain all configuration settings including imported eDirectory certificates for LDAP?

Thank you both for the help in making certain I do this correctly. 8^D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

nlandas wrote:

>
> I'm curious about what appears to be a requirement for a secondary
> virtual disk that I must have missed in my initial configuration as
> above.


Yeah--ignore that for now. That's a carry over from Filer which
requires it. iPrint does not.

> After that I had one last question just for confirmations sake. Does
> the iprint config export/import retain all configuration settings
> including imported eDirectory certificates for LDAP?


Hmm... good question. I would hope so, but I'm not sure. I'll have to
find out.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

jmarton;2331446 wrote:
nlandas wrote:

>
> I'm curious about what appears to be a requirement for a secondary
> virtual disk that I must have missed in my initial configuration as
> above.


Yeah--ignore that for now. That's a carry over from Filer which
requires it. iPrint does not.

> After that I had one last question just for confirmations sake. Does
> the iprint config export/import retain all configuration settings
> including imported eDirectory certificates for LDAP?


Hmm... good question. I would hope so, but I'm not sure. I'll have to
find out.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
BrainShare 2014 is coming. http://www.novell.com/brainshare/


Yes, certs and settings came over.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

Thanks again, hopefully this thread helps anyone else a little anxious about their upgrade. This is the older video for upgrading to 1.0.1 that still seems to be applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4P3VBlXYo&feature=youtu.be

Here goes something. 8^D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 1.1 detailed upgrade instructions

So the Appliance upgrade went without a hitch.

However, I should have asked if the Renderer was an issue which apparently it is. People are having certificate issues getting the 1.1 renderer to install. So now my external renderer is dead in the water. Since these are totally related I'm going to link the thread here but even with DNS/host entries for both renderer and appliance it's not working.

https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/478595-iPrint-Renderer-issue-with-1-1?p=2331487#post2331487
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.