Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Appliance 2.1 - self signed certificates expiring

Hello all,

I have an iPrint Appliance ver. 2.1.0.83 and the self signed certificates will be expiring soon - I get the message when logging in and the button to renew the certificates. when I renew the certificates it asks to restart Apache and another service. I reload those services but the certificates do not update.

I have tried renewing the certificates through the button at login and have done a reboot of the server and still the certificates do not update.

There was a TID I found that had me run a script from a terminal session logged in as root: "sh certman -t edir -r". This script runs and says it has updated the certificates but it has not.

What am I missing? Do I need to let the certificates expire before this procedure will work?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Steve D.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - self signed certificates expiring

sjdimare;2472610 wrote:
Hello all,

I have an iPrint Appliance ver. 2.1.0.83 and the self signed certificates will be expiring soon - I get the message when logging in and the button to renew the certificates. when I renew the certificates it asks to restart Apache and another service. I reload those services but the certificates do not update.

I have tried renewing the certificates through the button at login and have done a reboot of the server and still the certificates do not update.

There was a TID I found that had me run a script from a terminal session logged in as root: "sh certman -t edir -r". This script runs and says it has updated the certificates but it has not.

What am I missing? Do I need to let the certificates expire before this procedure will work?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Steve D.

My guess is that you need to renew the apache certs and not edir, sh certman.sh -t apache -a ?

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance-2/iprint_admin/data/certificates.html?view=print

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.