Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1617 views

iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

Hello all,

Is there a way in the console to set the IP address of the iPrint appliance? If I watch it boot it sets eth0 to loopback but when it finishes booting, it has all of the correct info.

Issue with power outages from today with the my VM datastore and I have recovered my appliance but as stated above, it boots fine but can not reach any devices on my network.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve D.
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 02:44 AM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way in the console to set the IP address of the iPrint
> appliance? If I watch it boot it sets eth0 to loopback but when it
> finishes booting, it has all of the correct info.
>
> Issue with power outages from today with the my VM datastore and I have
> recovered my appliance but as stated above, it boots fine but can not
> reach any devices on my network.
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve D.
>
>



Not sure if i understand properly. When it boots, it puts the ip address
to the loopback address and then when network scripts are run, it sets
the correct one, so this is working fine. you can verify it after
booting at console with the ip addr and ifconfig -a commands.

you may want to run tcpdump on the appliance and try to ping or contact
a host and see what errors you've got. Maybe DG is gone or your vm host
( and not the appliance) has an issue, etc. You have to verify how far
can get.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

Thanks for the reply. So the main screen says to setup the appliance go to the proper IP address but at boot there is no configuration for eth1.

I can manually set the ip address netmask and broadcast but on a reboot that will be gone.

How do I make the change stick?

Steve D.

Mysterious;2469094 wrote:
On 10/31/2017 02:44 AM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Is there a way in the console to set the IP address of the iPrint
> appliance? If I watch it boot it sets eth0 to loopback but when it
> finishes booting, it has all of the correct info.
>
> Issue with power outages from today with the my VM datastore and I have
> recovered my appliance but as stated above, it boots fine but can not
> reach any devices on my network.
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve D.
>
>



Not sure if i understand properly. When it boots, it puts the ip address
to the loopback address and then when network scripts are run, it sets
the correct one, so this is working fine. you can verify it after
booting at console with the ip addr and ifconfig -a commands.

you may want to run tcpdump on the appliance and try to ping or contact
a host and see what errors you've got. Maybe DG is gone or your vm host
( and not the appliance) has an issue, etc. You have to verify how far
can get.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

Without a reboot of the appliance, I get the following error:

Error: RemoteLookupFailureException

If refreshing the browser does not resolve this error then please contact your system administrator.

This error is most often caused when the datamodel-service fails to start or is not running on on the Web-Server.

Can I restart web services from the console? If so, how?

Thanks,

Steve D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 12:04 PM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> Thanks for the reply. So the main screen says to setup the appliance go
> to the proper IP address but at boot there is no configuration for
> eth1.
>
> I can manually set the ip address netmask and broadcast but on a reboot
> that will be gone.
>
> How do I make the change stick?
>
> Steve D.


it should be eth0. Waht do you get if you use this command?:

ifconfig -a

ip and the rest of the settings where setup when you first deployed the
appliance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 12:36 PM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> Without a reboot of the appliance, I get the following error:
>
> Error: RemoteLookupFailureException
>
> If refreshing the browser does not resolve this error then please
> contact your system administrator.
>
> This error is most often caused when the datamodel-service fails to
> start or is not running on on the Web-Server.
>
> Can I restart web services from the console? If so, how?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve D.
>
>


yes but you're not providing a logical information. only with pieces i
can not help

rcnovell-datamodel restart will restart the service

but you need to provide logical information like ifconfig -a is showing
the correct settings, you cna ping the ip address form appliance, you
can ping DG from appliance, you cna ping the pc where you are running
the browser from appliance, etc.....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

ifconfig - a only gives me eth1, no eth0 to be found.

Steve D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 01:34 PM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> ifconfig - a only gives me eth1, no eth0 to be found.
>
> Steve D.
>
>


if you copy/pas the output will be better

# l /etc/sysconfig/network/

What shows?


if there is a ifcfg-eth0, use cat to this file and see if the data is
correct


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

Is there anyway I can pull the configuration files off this server and just rebuild the appliance? Would it save me the time of having to recreate all of the printers?

I can use putty and WinSCP to get access to the server and copy any files I need.

Steve D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 01:44 PM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> Is there anyway I can pull the configuration files off this server and
> just rebuild the appliance? Would it save me the time of having to
> recreate all of the printers?
>
> I can use putty and WinSCP to get access to the server and copy any
> files I need.
>
> Steve D.
>
>


yes, it should be an iprintinfo.zip on /vastorage/backup
Deploy a new appliance nad then import the backup to restore data.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

OK. So I have decided to rebuild the appliance and restore from backup. This build was from a migration of a 1.1 version of the appliance. After the rebuild from migration, I get the RPC 500 error.

I am trying to do the driver store fix from TID 7017912 - I putty into the server and run the scripts per the document but no fix_driver_store.sh file appears to be downloaded to /tmp.

Did they move it to a different file location? Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance 2.1 - starts and set NIC to loopback

On 10/31/2017 03:34 PM, sjdimare wrote:
>
> OK. So I have decided to rebuild the appliance and restore from backup.
> This build was from a migration of a 1.1 version of the appliance.
> After the rebuild from migration, I get the RPC 500 error.
>
> I am trying to do the driver store fix from TID 7017912 - I putty into
> the server and run the scripts per the document but no
> fix_driver_store.sh file appears to be downloaded to /tmp.
>
> Did they move it to a different file location? Any help greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Steve D.
>
>


the fix is on latest appliance 2.1 patch
and the rcp error can come as well if your certs in 1.1 where already
expired, so validate your certs on current appliance 2.1
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.