Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Appliance Test VM

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the most recent iPrint Appliance and imported it in a Host server. I've read that iPrint could be as standalone, but I want to be sure this appliance will not interfere in my existing eDirectory structure where my users login each day....

I want to evaluate the iPrint before we go with it.

thank you for your support !
DM
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint Appliance Test VM

dominicm;2289537 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the most recent iPrint Appliance and imported it in a Host server. I've read that iPrint could be as standalone, but I want to be sure this appliance will not interfere in my existing eDirectory structure where my users login each day....

I want to evaluate the iPrint before we go with it.

thank you for your support !
DM

The appliance should not interfere with your current working environment. It will run in it's own little world.

Basically you can setup the appliance and then import your current iPrint environment to it. The users details will be pulled into the appliance via LDAP but that will be a readonly connection.

So you can keep running iPrint as you are doing, and test alongside it with the appliance. The choice to bring over the existing iPrint configuration or to start with a clean config is up to you.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

great, thanks Willem for this info !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

dominicm;2289698 wrote:
great, thanks Willem for this info !

You are welcome & have a good one 🙂

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.