Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Appliance - printing forwarded email - GroupWise 2012

We have a dedicated internal GroupWise email account that is currently used to forward (using several rules based on subject line content) incoming email to certain specific user's email accounts - as well as select user's cell phones (via SMTP).

We'd also like to be able to automatically print some of these email messages. Ideally, using similar constructed rules based on subject. Basically, emails with say "emergency" in the subject line. Unfortunately, we've failed to find a method to do so in GroupWise 2012.

To circumvent this issue, we've gone as far as to setup a new iPrint Appliance VM - which allows sending email to printers (either using the "global" email account or a printer specific email account). Unfortunately, iPrint reads the "Subject" line for commands/print options - and balks at parsing the subject line of forwarded or delegated emails - as GroupWise automatically appends "Fwd:" to the subject line (or "Delegate") - even with the printer specific email account. We haven't figured out a way to stop GroupWise from adding the "Fwd:" nor any method of telling the iPrint Appliance to ignore the subject line as a whole (which we could do with a printer specific email account - as we don't need to pass any command options).

Is there any way to configure iPrint to not parse the subject line for a printer specific email account?

Any thoughts or suggestions?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: iPrint Appliance - printing forwarded email - GroupWise

We had a similar issue, we wanted to avoid putting "Print" in the email subject line. We encountered this issue last December, but I can't remember everything we did to get the issue working, but did create a service ticket with Novell (SR 10924685411) Novell Engineers were to put this functionality in an iPrint appliance patch eventually. Looking through my notes, we downloaded and installed an rpm, provided by support, from ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/novell-iprint-mobile-1.1.0_FTF_905390-35.1.x86_64.rpm (the link looks like it's no longer available) Sorry I don't have more information, other than that, but thought providing our SR might help you out if you contact support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Appliance - printing forwarded email - GroupWise 2012

On 09/30/2015 08:46 PM, rmiller3455 wrote:
>
> We had a similar issue, we wanted to avoid putting "Print" in the email
> subject line. We encountered this issue last December, but I can't
> remember everything we did to get the issue working, but did create a
> service ticket with Novell (SR 10924685411) Novell Engineers were to put
> this functionality in an iPrint appliance patch eventually. Looking
> through my notes, we downloaded and installed an rpm, provided by
> support, from
> ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/novell-iprint-mobile-1.1.0_FTF_905390-35.1.x86_64.rpm
> (the link looks like it's no longer available) Sorry I don't have more
> information, other than that, but thought providing our SR might help
> you out if you contact support.
>
>

iPrint Appliance Version: 1.1.0.407-HP.414. Able to do email printing
even though subject does not contain "print" command.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.