Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Client Remembering Passwords

SUSE 10SP2/OES2SP1, Windows XP, iPrint Client v5.20

I am limiting access to a particular printer in one of our University's computer labs. I have enabled secure printing for the printer and given one group of users "User role" access. Using iPrint Client Management, and the group mentioned above, I have set the Client Configuration to update the workstation and not to allow users to save passwords.

My problem is that the password for the first username/password of the day is remembered by the client. When a subsequent user logs into the computer, users only logoff when done, iPrint uses the username/password of that first user. The "Clear all passwords" button removes this information and the user is required to authenticate into iPrint again. I do not want to force the users to have to do this. Plus, rebooting the computer after every user is not an option.

Is there a way a way to force the iPrint client to authenticate each new user?

Phil Arnold
University of Central Arkansas
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I finally solved this issue. I noticed that the Novell Client was not passing the LDAP login information on to the iPrint client (we have LDAP contextless login enabled). Since nothing was being passed to the iPrint client it would continue to use the last username/password. After removing and reinstalling both the Novell client and the iPrint client, I still had the same problem. After the second uninstall, I noticed that the C:\NDPS and the HKLM\Software\Novell\NDPS keys were still present. I deleted these teo items and reinstalled the Novell client and the iPrint client. Things started working. I'm not sure if the NDPS entries were causing the problem, but removing them fix my issue.

Phil Arnold
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.