Highlighted
afiore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint DNS Resolve Issue

Good Morning,

I am having a problem with the Manager Agent Resolving DNS to a printer.

I had two printers I had to move, so I deleted them from iPrint and created two new printers with their new DNS names, using the same ip addresses.

When doing an nslookup on the iPrint server, the printers resolve fine.

In iManager the error I get is: LPR Communication Failed: No address resolved for this printer, error: -1410

On the NW console it says: Printer Agent Handle: 13, cound not resolve host name 'Printer DNS Name' and No Printer Address Resolved for 'Printer DNS Name' as well as a could not ping error.

Yet everything pings and resolves.

Does anyone have any adeas where to continue my search ?

Thank you,

Tony
0 Likes
2 Replies
afiore Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint DNS Resolve Issue

Additional Information: I changed my DNS structure a month or so ago from Microsoft DNS to Novell DNS. I just updated the microsoft DNS with the new printer A record and it looks like the printer agent is resolving now.

Whereas I have setup the Novell Server to use the Novell DNS and it resolves Names and IP Addresses correctly, is there a Printer Agent file that may be still looking for the old DNS servers ip address I may have to change ?

Thanks again,

Tony

afiore;1523450 wrote:
Good Morning,

I am having a problem with the Manager Agent Resolving DNS to a printer.

I had two printers I had to move, so I deleted them from iPrint and created two new printers with their new DNS names, using the same ip addresses.

When doing an nslookup on the iPrint server, the printers resolve fine.

In iManager the error I get is: LPR Communication Failed: No address resolved for this printer, error: -1410

On the NW console it says: Printer Agent Handle: 13, cound not resolve host name 'Printer DNS Name' and No Printer Address Resolved for 'Printer DNS Name' as well as a could not ping error.

Yet everything pings and resolves.

Does anyone have any adeas where to continue my search ?

Thank you,

Tony
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint DNS Resolve Issue

Tony,

Same issue, only with some old network printers; we resolved with an older version of NDPSGW.NLM. Hope this help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.