Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Down.

I am completely lost iPrint has gone south on me. One of our faculty claimed that they could not print. When I looked at the server and tried to restart the print manager I get
"java.net.SocketException: Connection reset IPP Error: 0x1007.

If I try to create a new print manager I get the same error.

It seems that the SSL certificate may not be valid. I had a situation with ZCM where my connection had an error and gave me an SSL certificat error so I went through the process in iManager to repair it. And recreated the Connection. Now Zen logins work.

I am in a crisis and cant afford to create a new print server. How do I get this working.

Could this be a Licinsing Issue? We are renewing our licenses. But everything else is working. Novell was suppose to sent me a temporary license until our P.O. is processed. But havent got it yet.

I print has never failed me and I have been using it for many years and I am lost. And classes start Tuesday.

Is this related?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint Down.

Am 22.05.2015 um 16:46 schrieb dmiller:
>
> I am completely lost iPrint has gone south on me. One of our faculty
> claimed that they could not print. When I looked at the server and
> tried to restart the print manager I get
> "java.net.SocketException: Connection reset IPP Error: 0x1007.
>
> If I try to create a new print manager I get the same error.

Did you actually check the knowledge base for that error yet? It's most
probably a certificate problem, and there are quite a few TIDs on it.

> It seems that the SSL certificate may not be valid.

Correct, either the certificate itself, or the root CA.

> Could this be a Licinsing Issue?

No.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Down.

Just saw your post and just figured it out. For some reason the iprint_ssl.conf file had an old domain name. How it has been working for the last 3 years I have no idea. But changed it to the new domain name (setup initally 3) years ago and it now works.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.