Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint OES 11 not associating printer with eDir object

About a month ago our OES 11 SP2 server stopped associating newly created printers with an eDirectory object. We are using iManager 2.7 to create the objects.

The server holds the Master replica that iPrint is pointing to.
iPrint appears to be pointing at the correct eDir objects and I've restored a previous copy of the database.
Server certificates resolve as Valid(DNS AG, IP AG, SSL CertificateDNS)

Watching the log file I see the following error when we create a printer using iManger 2.7.

Attempt 0 to associate PA *PRINTER NAME WE USED HERE* with PSM eDir object failed with error (FFFFFD9B)
Attempt 1 to associate PA *PRINTER NAME WE USED HERE* with PSM eDir object failed with error (FFFFFD9B)
Attempt 2 to associate PA *PRINTER NAME WE USED HERE* with PSM eDir object failed with error (FFFFFD9B)

No other errors occur the eDir object is not created and the printer does not show up in the printer install page because of it. I tried putting the oldest copy of the manager database back in place which had only printers that were all listed in eDir.

I really hope I don't need to try and export printers, delete all of the configuration and import all printers to fix this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
-Nyle
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint OES 11 not associating printer with eDir object

To add more details the Print Manager status in the monitor is showing bad and the errors are all -
01/14/2015 01:37:04 PM, Error (-613) was returned, Operation modify. Replica on server 'x.x.x.x', Object Name: iPrint Manager.iPrint.LT.Lewis, Attribute Name: iPrintManagerPOtoPAidMap

Any help is appreciate - eDir seems healthy - Time is in sync and Sync status is recent. ndsrepair -U shows no errors.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint OES 11 not associating printer with eDir object

nlandas;2344559 wrote:
To add more details the Print Manager status in the monitor is showing bad and the errors are all -
01/14/2015 01:37:04 PM, Error (-613) was returned, Operation modify. Replica on server 'x.x.x.x', Object Name: iPrint Manager.iPrint.LT.Lewis, Attribute Name: iPrintManagerPOtoPAidMap

Any help is appreciate - eDir seems healthy - Time is in sync and Sync status is recent. ndsrepair -U shows no errors.

We ended up having to delete the print manager and all printers to recreate the print manager from scratch. We did not import the printers back in either, we manually rebuilt all of them from the xml list ourselves last night.

What we ran into when re-creating the print manager was an error
Error: Create Print Manager Failure
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
IPP Error: 0x1007

Described in TID 7003554 - Currently here - https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7003554

After editing the LDAP server being used for authentication of iPrint to change the ldapBindRestrictions attribute to 0, we could then create the new Print Manager.

Could this have been what was causing the existing Print Manager and iPrint iManager Plugins from being able to create new printers in eDir?

If so, it would be wonderful if the TIDs related to iPrint could cover that. We could have saved ourselves a lot of time by just editing that one attribute.

Any chance anyone with a connection to Novell and a test iPrint server has time to edit that attribute and try and create a new printer to see if it fails to create the eDir object with some of the errors that I mentioned in my other two posts?

I don't want to do it on my production system or I'd test it myself.

I thought that I'd come back and document what we did for a fix and the fact that the one LDAP attribute might actually have been the fix.

-Nyle
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.