cyberv Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Printers - Update Location field

Hi all,
We have an OES 2 SP1 server with iPrint installed. Under this server we have 700 printers that deserved 80 school. When we created a printer we used the field "LOCATION" to identity in which school and which local the printer is physicaly.

Ex : Montain HighSchool - L141

The problem :

When we change the printer from a local to another school or another local, so we go under iManager / Manage Printer / and then we changed the location of the printe. However, under Windows XP/Vista if the printer is already installed by iPrint, the location remain the old location.

Is there a way to make sure the iPrint Client will update the field location ?

Any helps will be appreciate.

Thanx.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint Printers - Update Location field

You will need to reinstall the printer to make the workstation recognize changes in the settings. This can however be "automated" by renaming the printer agent on the Manager. This will cause the printer to automatically be reinstalled thus using the new settings.
0 Likes
cyberv Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marcel_Cox;1705168 wrote:
You will need to reinstall the printer to make the workstation recognize changes in the settings. This can however be "automated" by renaming the printer agent on the Manager. This will cause the printer to automatically be reinstalled thus using the new settings.

Hi Marcel,
Humm, I look into any option under iManager / iPrint ... And it's not possible to rename a Printer Agent from there. When I tried from iManager / Directory Administration / Rename Object I got this :

Error: The Rename Object request failed
The system explanation for the failure is as follows: iPrintPrinter Rename : The requested rename, of iPrintPrinter object type has been denied by a plugin, which is dependent on this object.

So ... Could you tell me how to rename a printer agent under OES 2 Linux from iManager ? I know with Netware it was possible but with Linux it's another story.

Thanx 🙂
0 Likes
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry, I missed the fact that you are running on OES"/Linux. the trick works on NetWare where you can rename pritners on the server console. So far, I haven't found the equivalent functionality on Linux.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.