Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint Printers delivered with ZEN policy but do not work

We are using iPrint client 4.3.8 connecting to iPrint OES2/SLES10sp2
Zen is version 7.0.1

I can manually add iPrint printers using the ipp web interface and all is good.
However when I push the printers with a zen workstation policy the printers are installed but will not work. Trying to print to them locks the workstation.
the ippErrs.txt file shows

10/22/2008 - 4:49:45 PM
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 14760, thread 00000F8C
Routine: IppInterpretUri - Bad URL (not HTTP, HTTPS, or IPP) - \\ipp://10.30.4.7\HS-MC156-CLR,DrvConvert
Error: HTTP - Bad URL supplied (not HTTP:, HTTPS:, or IPP:).

10/22/2008 - 4:49:45 PM
Module: spoolsv.exe
Trace Info: ippmain.c, line 10914, thread 00000F8C
Routine: GetPrinterInfoWithGoodStatus - Not our printer (\\ipp://10.30.4.7\HS-MC156-CLR,DrvConvert)
Error: The printer name is invalid.

Any ideas,
I suspect this to be a problem with the zen policy but I have no idea what is could be.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is some more info on my problem.
The issue is definitely the printer name \\ipp://10.30.4.7\HS-MC156-CLR
If I regedit the printer settings and change the NAME from \\ipp://10.30.4.7\HS-MC156-CLR to just HS-MC156-CLR I can then print to the printer.
Now the question is what is causing this problem, ZEN or iPrint.
I am leaning toward ZEN being the problem, but why is it delivering the printer with an invalid name.

Any Ideas?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem solved.
iprint.ini rights were 700 with no owner for some odd reason.
Setting the rights to 744 with root as the owner and restarting the iprint manager solved the problem. Printers are now delivered with the short name and work properly.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.