Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint User have empty attributes after LDAP User Import

Hi,

just set up a fresh iPrint Appliance 1.1 and configured LDAP Import from eDir (OES11SP3). The import procedure finishes succesfully, but except lastname there are none of the user attributes synced. They remain empty. The internalID to ldapAttName mapping definition seems not to work (besides lastName). Unfortunately there is no information in the Novell Documentation and the default values in the mapping field have no effekt.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Manfred
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint User have empty attributes after LDAP User Import

linner;2344534 wrote:
Hi,

just set up a fresh iPrint Appliance 1.1 and configured LDAP Import from eDir (OES11SP3). The import procedure finishes succesfully, but except lastname there are none of the user attributes synced. They remain empty. The internalID to ldapAttName mapping definition seems not to work (besides lastName). Unfortunately there is no information in the Novell Documentation and the default values in the mapping field have no effekt.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Manfred

Hmm, strange.. Haven't noticed this before but now when I'm checking our system then we have lastname synced but firstname is empty. I'll ask Novell if this is a known issue, I'll get back to you.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

This is what I got back:

The user on the appliance is just a pointer to the real user hence the
ldap source server needs to be available at all times

The ldap fields on the ldap sync page are confusing but it does not mean
that this field info will be imported into the appliance.

Is this causing any issues for you or any specific reason you'd like to have these attributes synced over?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thomas,

thank you for investigating this. I will use the appliance with PaperCut on top, which has it's own import/sync - function. So fortunately i do not depend on the appliance builtin eDir user attributes. Nevertheless it was confusing doing the initial iPrint-Setup 😕

Regards!
Manfred
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All

We have this exact same issue. We need to have our users swipe card ID imported as they swipe to release their print jobs using Papercut. I found that the only attribute that would sync is lastName and it will sync lastName on only some of the users not all. I suspect although I haven't tested it that it is only syncing lastName when it is creating the object and not detecting if it has been added or changed. Any help on this will be so appreciated as our entire print rollout is stopped needing as solution to this issue.

Many thanks in advance

Graeme
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.