Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint ZEN policy not installing printers on some stations

We have started the process in switching over from using the NT printer policy to the iPrint printer policy. My NDPS system is running on a NW6 sp5 box. The iManager system is set up on a Netware OES sp5 and this is where I make all of the iPrint changes. The client running on the stations is 4.20.

I have a test environment set up and working fine. Everything is configured through the ZEN workstation policy which is assigned to a container that is full of workstations.

For example I have a TEST container with WS1, WS2, WS3, etc.. workstations.These workstations are working just fine with the exception that the iPrint client would not auto install.

The first production lab that we are trying we could not get the client to auto install so we manually installed on the 30 stations and have the ZEN policy to run on system startup. Nothing is installing on any of these machines. Any ideas would be great. THanks!

-Nelson
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint ZEN policy not installing printers on some stations

Just to add to this:

The NT Printer policy will still work, but no iPrint policy will. The RPM policy will also not work, which I don't expect to work with iPrint, but it doesn't make sense to me why the NT Printer policy still works.....

>>> Chris Nelson<nelsonc@ejps.org> 9/22/2006 9:46 AM >>>

We have started the process in switching over from using the NT printer policy to the iPrint printer policy. My NDPS system is running on a NW6 sp5 box. The iManager system is set up on a Netware OES sp5 and this is where I make all of the iPrint changes. The client running on the stations is 4.20.

I have a test environment set up and working fine. Everything is configured through the ZEN workstation policy which is assigned to a container that is full of workstations.

For example I have a TEST container with WS1, WS2, WS3, etc.. workstations.These workstations are working just fine with the exception that the iPrint client would not auto install.

The first production lab that we are trying we could not get the client to auto install so we manually installed on the 30 stations and have the ZEN policy to run on system startup. Nothing is installing on any of these machines. Any ideas would be great. THanks!

-Nelson
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint ZEN policy not installing printers on some stations

Chris Nelson wrote:
> We have started the process in switching over from using the NT printer policy
> to the iPrint printer policy. My NDPS system is running on a NW6 sp5 box. The
> iManager system is set up on a Netware OES sp5 and this is where I make all of
> the iPrint changes. The client running on the stations is 4.20.
>
> I have a test environment set up and working fine. Everything is configured
> through the ZEN workstation policy which is assigned to a container that is full
> of workstations.
>
> For example I have a TEST container with WS1, WS2, WS3, etc.. workstations.
> These workstations are working just fine with the exception that the iPrint
> client would not auto install.
>
> The first production lab that we are trying we could not get the client to auto
> install so we manually installed on the 30 stations and have the ZEN policy to
> run on system startup.

This is the problem. Iprint policy can't work before user has logged in.
You need to set it to install when "user desktop is active" (that at
least did work for us). You might also need to change "impersonation" in
schedule advanced settings to "interactive user", though that was not
necessary for us.

Timo Pietilä
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.