Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint & Nw65sp7iManager problem.

Our servers were NetWware 6.5 SP6 and iPrint worked without problems.
I upgraded them to NetWare 6.5 SP7 and the latest iPrint and the lastest broker and manager nlms.

Now, I am trying to add some new Windows Vista print drivers to the Broker via iManager 2.7 but when I try to open the Broker properties, I get this error "Internal Error A page has performed an illegal action".

This message is shown indistinctly in Windows XP or Windows Vista.

.- I reinstalled the iPrint plugins.
.- I turned off the pop up blocker
.- I turned off the firewall
.- I modified the JSP files in Tomcat 4 directory: ResourceDriversPage.jsp,
CreatePrinterDriverProfile2.jsp, ModifyPrinterDriverProfile2.jsp, and
PrinterDriverProfile.jsp

I replace this string
"<OBJECT ID=iPrintAccess CLASSID=clsid:36723f97-7aa0-11d4-8919-
FF2D71D0D32C></OBJECT>"

with this

"<SCRIPT>
document.writeln("<OBJECT ID=iPrintAccess CLASSID=clsid:36723f97-7aa0-
11d4-8919-FF2D71D0D32C></OBJECT>");
</SCRIPT>"

But... nothing solve the problem and now I can´t manage the iPrint Objects via iManager.

I checking in Novell Support searching for TID´s or any document to help me Without success

Anyone know the best way to fix them?

Any help well will be received.

Thanks
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please stop playing around with the jsp pages. That will certainly not fix your errors but just make your installation more difficult to debug. Fortunately, you are modifying jsp files from tomcat 4 which are no longer used and so your modifications have no effect.
Let's start bying trying to find out more about your setup.
1) Are you using iManager running on the server, or iManager workstation? If you are using iManager workstation, then the error you get is in fact a known issue (TID3731169)
2) In case your iManager is running on a server, is it running on the same server as the Broker or on a different one? Also, is it really iManager 2.7 (sometimes, for people thta had been installed tomcat5 before upgrading to SP7, iManager might not have been correctly upgraded to 2.7).
3) If you are using iManager 2.7 on the same server as the Broker, try to get more significant error messages. For this, watch the server's logger screen when you access the Broker through Manager. Look for error messages on the logger screen and report them here.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi. Marcel
Thanks a lot for your reply.
.- I running iManager on the server.
.- I have Novell Client for Windows 4.91 SP3 on the workstation
.- The NDPS Component of the Novell Client for Windows is install.
.- I logged in to eDirectory and iManager as the same user- admin.
.- I using iManager 2.7 on the same server as the Broker.
.- I check for error messages on the logger screen but I can see anything messages about iPrint.

I doubt about the version of theiManager 2.7, let me check this.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

crivera wrote:

>I doubt about the version of theiManager 2.7, let me check this.

You should see that right away. iManager 2.7 has a blue title bar.

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.
Really, the problem was in the version of the iManager. I reinstalled it with the NetWare 6.5 Products CD (overlay sp7).
Now... iManager functions properly, but the gifs not displaying is annoying.
I found a solution to this problem, here in the forum:
"Rename the sys\tomcat\5.0webapp\nps directory;Uninstall iManager2.7, Apache2, and Apache with tomcat 4 servlet. Reboot - re-install the applications - reset Apache -reboot"
Thanks for you help!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.