sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1335 views

iPrint and miggui...

Hello,

I'm testing the migration of iPrint from a Netware cluster to an OES2 SP3 one. All our printer agents are secure (ACLs are defined).
When miggui creates an iPrintPrinter object in eDir as part of the migration, the ACLs aren't carried over from the NDPS_Printer object. No users, operators or managers are listed when the queue is viewed in iManager.

Is this acting as designed, or should privileges be carried across?

Thanks in advance,

Matt
0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint and miggui...

On 10/17/2012 02:36 PM, sisml wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing the migration of iPrint from a Netware cluster to an OES2
> SP3 one. All our printer agents are secure (ACLs are defined).
> When miggui creates an iPrintPrinter object in eDir as part of the
> migration, the ACLs aren't carried over from the NDPS_Printer object. No
> users, operators or managers are listed when the queue is viewed in
> iManager.
>
> Is this acting as designed, or should privileges be carried across?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt
>
>


nope, there was an issue when migrating the ACL. What error do you get
in the migration log file?.
Try to make ndps manager admin equivalent and perform the migration again.




0 Likes
PSODHI Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint and miggui...

Same here!

I did noticed this morning. NetWare to OES 11, User Role is blank !!!!and REST is populated with ACL Operator Role and Manager Role.
0 Likes
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint and miggui...

Mysterious;2224438 wrote:
On 10/17/2012 02:36 PM, sisml wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm testing the migration of iPrint from a Netware cluster to an OES2
> SP3 one. All our printer agents are secure (ACLs are defined).
> When miggui creates an iPrintPrinter object in eDir as part of the
> migration, the ACLs aren't carried over from the NDPS_Printer object. No
> users, operators or managers are listed when the queue is viewed in
> iManager.
>
> Is this acting as designed, or should privileges be carried across?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt
>
>


nope, there was an issue when migrating the ACL. What error do you get
in the migration log file?.
Try to make ndps manager admin equivalent and perform the migration again.


Thanks for the reply.

No errors in the migration log aside from some failures to copy drivers. Indeed there's nothing explicitly mentioned in the log to indicate that any ACLs/permissions/privileges are being transposed.

Matt
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint and miggui...

sisml;2224560 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

No errors in the migration log aside from some failures to copy drivers. Indeed there's nothing explicitly mentioned in the log to indicate that any ACLs/permissions/privileges are being transposed.

Matt


You MAY want to ask this over in the OES Platform independent: Migration forum. I'm not sure if Ramesh patrols the iPrint forum or not.

Ramesh writes the code for miggui, but I'm not sure if he's also responsible for the iPrint portion or not.
0 Likes
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint and miggui...

kjhurni;2224640 wrote:
You MAY want to ask this over in the OES Platform independent: Migration forum. I'm not sure if Ramesh patrols the iPrint forum or not.

Ramesh writes the code for miggui, but I'm not sure if he's also responsible for the iPrint portion or not.


I've posted this on the migration forum, but not heard anything as yet.
In the mean time I'll work on a script to export the ACLs listed in the eDir NDPS Printer objects and generate iprintman commands which can be run on the Linux server to reapply those privileges to the iPrintPrinter objects.

Matt
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: iPrint and miggui...

Have either of you tried what Mysterious posted/suggested?

Try to make ndps manager admin equivalent and perform the migration again.


??

But apparently there is a bug/defect.
0 Likes
Highlighted
sisml Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint and miggui...

kjhurni;2224889 wrote:
Have either of you tried what Mysterious posted/suggested?



??

But apparently there is a bug/defect.


Thanks to Mysterious and yourself for the pointer in regard to privileges.
Granting the print manager supervisor privileges over its broker resolved the issue, with psminfo.nlm generating a psminfo.xml file which included a list of ACLs.

Cheers,

Matt
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.