Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint appliance and changing user name in eDirectory

I have an iPrint appliance with an eDirectory user source. All our printers have secure printing setup and are locked down to groups. Everything by default worked fine. However once I change a name in eDirectory that user doesn't work any more. It keeps telling me invalid authentication. When I look on the iPrint server after it syncs it shows the correct changes, however the uid doesn't update. On the client side when i look at the passwords tab in the iPrint settings everything looks correct. This is a new(no migration) iPrint setup and we just started using it. All the machines i've tested this on so far are windows 7 64bit. So we're at a loss of where to look next or what might not be setup correctly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint appliance and changing user name in eDirectory

Update on this issue. I noticed that the uid on the iPrint server was not getting updated. We tried updating this by hand with ldap navigator and it didn't help. Something a bit more strange. We tried deleting the user from the iPrint server, to let it reimport from the main server. We confirmed that the user no longer existed on the iPrint server. Then ran a sync. The user does return but the incorrect uid still shows up.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint appliance and changing user name in eDirectory

Opened an SR for this and novell said it is a known bug
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.