Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint client version

I have patched one iPrint server from NetWare 6.5 SP7 to SP8 and installed the iprntnw65sp8b-2 patch on the server.

I noticed SP8 does not install a new iPrint client. All my Windows XP and Windows 2000 PCs already have iPrint client version 4.36 installed. Did a test print and it seems to come out fine. I wonder if I can keep using iPrint client v4.36 on these PCs.

When I add Windows 7 PC on the network, I will install iPrint version 5.30 to W7 PCs and my admin XP PC that will do the iPrint printer configuration.

Does anyone see any issue with that?

Would like to hold off changes on other PCs till I move iPrint from NW to OES 2Linux.

Che
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Note that 5.30 is an old client. The current version is 5.40 and can be found here:

NOVELL: Downloads - iPrint Client for Windows XP/Vista/Win7 5.40

Note that while you can continue using an old iPrint client on your existing workstations, that will also mean that you don't take advanatge of the enhancements and fixes of the new client (like better support for HP universal printer drivers) and you won't be able to use iManager with a current iprint plugin to manage printer drivers from one of those workstations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.