Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint error in Apache error_log

In the Apache error_log file on a SLES 11 SP4 server running the latest version of iPrint, I see the following entry over and over:

[warn] IPP Operation error=CLNT_ERR_NOT_FOUND, operation=Cancel Job

I also see the following:

[warn] IPP Operation error=CLNT_ERR_BAD_REQUEST, operation=0

What do I do to get fix these warnings?

After doing some Google searches, I downloaded the iPrint info tool and ran that which reported things like:

06/15/2017 11:22:14 AM, Operation Cancel Job:,
Error: 506D000C - object not found,
User Name, joe.somewhere.edu,
Address, 10.10.22.200,
Object Name: p250cp
(Client Interface)

Looking in the iPrint manager, the printer 'p250cp' is there and is operational. Why is iPrint reporting that it can't find it???

Thanks,

Dan
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: iPrint error in Apache error_log

If you are seeing this type of message for practically every user and every print job, then you may be running into an issue that has been resolved with the latest iPrint client for Windows which is the 6.09 version. This client is part of the latest iPrint updates available for OES11, 2015 and the iPrint Appliance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint error in Apache error_log

Thanks, Bob. I can't tell if it is coming from every client or not. The Apache error_log file doesn't have an IP address associated with the error. We are running the 6.09 client. Users should be getting that automatically. I don't think it is every user and it seems to be relegated to just a couple printers. As I mentioned in my original post, the iPrint info tool only shows 3 or 4 printers that the tool reports as not being found but in fact the printers are defined and show up in iPrint Manager as OK.

Dan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.