Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint, printer-drivers and Mac

Hi!
I have some problems using iPrint on Mac.
I have Novell iPrint Appliance 1.0.1 and use latest iPrint Clients.

Problem is to upload printer-drivers in iManager; Drive Store
Uploading drivers in iManager says its not supportet in this browser(using Safari).

Then i try to use MacOS default Add printer and choose to add IPP-printer:
IP-adr: IP-address to iPrint-server
Queue: /ipp/PrinterAgentName
Driver: Generic PS driver.

The printer is HP Jaserjet P3015dn, but its not possible to download driver. It says driver is available in AppStore.

What is the best way to solve this?

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint, printer-drivers and Mac

Nobody use Mac and iPrint?

I try to install HP Laserjet P3015dn but for Mac, there is noe drivers from HP. HP says it will be supported trough AppStore.
Anyone know a PPD-file to use with this type of printer?

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint, printer-drivers and Mac

use the iprntcmd -u command

iprntcmd --uploadids <ids_address> /usr/share/cups/model/HP/LaserJet_4V-ljet4.ppd.gz
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.