Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
worktruk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint printers reinstalling

NW6.5 sp6 with Zen 7.0.1
iPrint 4.0.6
iPrint client 4.30 and 4.34

I recently wanted to remove two iPrint printers from SOME of my workstations. I was pushing them through Zen policies. I went into my Novell iPrint Policies and took them off of my list of printers to install. I then checked to remove any printers not in the list. The printers would not be removed. If I manually delete the printers, they are gone. However, if I log out and back in, they are reinstalled. So, I went into iManager- Manage Printer- Client Support and deselect Enable IPP support. Delete printers from workstation, log out and back in, printers get reinstalled. At this point, I went into iManager and removed IPP from the printer agents in my Print Manager. I deleted the printers from the workstation. I log out and back in, and they are reinstalled. I have unloaded and reloaded the manager and broker. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
5 Replies
nekstedt1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint printers reinstalling

worktruk,

My first feeling falls on the ZENWorks policies. Make sure you don't have
more than one iPrint policy pushing these printers out. Even though
you've removed them from one policy, from what you describe it's just as
if there's another policy at play here.

--

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
Highlighted
worktruk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Still pulling my hair out with this one. I have deleted both printers. I created one new printer. I deleted the ZEN policy and recreated a new one. I made sure that the policy was set to push a different printer. Checked the box to remove any printers not on the list. Created a new user and assigned him the new policy pointing at the new printer. The new printer shows up, but the two deleted printers show up also. Both of them show that they are inaccessible, but keep coming back. Any other ideas?
0 Likes
nekstedt1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

worktruk,

Let me see what I can find out on this one.

--

0 Likes
ttronson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

make sure you don't have NDPS-RPM policies running and also make sure you don't have iPrint - ICM policies running

0 Likes
nekstedt1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

worktruk,

Could you please supply us with a ZEN Policy debug log
from a workstation experiencing the problem?

--

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.