sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint tutorial popup will/can not close

Hello all,

I have Chromebooks managed and running Chrome OS 71. I am installing the MicroFocus iPrint extension via G suite.

When I go to ,web address>/ipp on the clients, the iPrint tutorial launches and pops up. The problem I am having is that the X in the upper right hand corner of the popup window does not close the tutorial. If I scroll down the check box is there for "Do not show this again" and that can be checked and unchecked.

Is there a way to stop this popup from happening?

I am running iPrint Appliance 2.1.0.83 HP

I have downloaded the latest field patch and I am going to try and install that. If anyone has any other ideas, it would be greatly appreciated.

Steve D.
0 Likes
4 Replies
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint tutorial popup will/can not close

Hello all,

As an update: I took the one working unit we had and wiped it and restored Chrome OS to 71. Registered it with our domain and now it is having the same problem as the rest of them.

I have tried using Neverware on a desktop running Chromium 70 and it works but still receives a certificate error - it is not registered to our domain. I will likely try registering it to the domain and see if that breaks it.

The saga continues...

Steve D.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As an update, I have back revved a Chromebook to version 69 and the tutorial popup appears but you can close the window so there is definitely something different about Chrome OS 71 causing this issue.

I will have to reach out to Google tech support.

Thanks

Steve D.
0 Likes
dmantz Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sjdimare,

Just a shot in the dark here, place your test Chromebook on the "Beta" channel and update to v72 and see if that resolves your issue. Fortunately for us, we are not having the pop-up issue you are experiencing.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dmantz;2494553 wrote:
sjdimare,

Just a shot in the dark here, place your test Chromebook on the "Beta" channel and update to v72 and see if that resolves your issue. Fortunately for us, we are not having the pop-up issue you are experiencing.

I have tried to test in Beta and it works, we can close the Window. If I back rev to OS 69 or 70, it also works, so there is some sort of bug in 71. I would imagine you do not see this problem because people have installed printers already in the older versions. I would suspect if you did a clean install of 71, you would get the same result in iPrint Appliance 2.1.

I am toying with the idea of upgrading to iPrint Appliance 3.2 - well, migrate to 3.0 and then update to 3.2. I do not like to do these updates in the middle of a school year.

I will post if I find a different solution - one not real solution, refresh the screen enough times and you get the walk up printing popup which you can close.

Steve D.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.