bretty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iPrint utilization question

I am wondering how much CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth utilization iPrint will use on a server? I am thinking of implementing it on our main file server and have concerns of loss of production from the server. Does iPrint use a lot of CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth. We obviously do not want to notice any loss in speed from this server. Please advise.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: iPrint utilization question

bretty;2081807 wrote:
I am wondering how much CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth utilization iPrint will use on a server? I am thinking of implementing it on our main file server and have concerns of loss of production from the server. Does iPrint use a lot of CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth. We obviously do not want to notice any loss in speed from this server. Please advise.

There are much better placed people to answer this than me, but I suspect you will get asked for more info....

What spec is your current server?
What will be iPrint requirement be - how many printers and what volume of printing do they produce?

Regards
IanB
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 03/03/2011 17:06, bretty wrote:

> I am wondering how much CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth utilization iPrint
> will use on a server? I am thinking of implementing it on our main file
> server and have concerns of loss of production from the server. Does
> iPrint use a lot of CPU/Mem/or Network Bandwidth. We obviously do not
> want to notice any loss in speed from this server. Please advise.

This sounds like one these "how long is a piece of string" questions.

In addition to things ibelton asked what would also be useful to know is
what OS is your server using - NetWare or OES (Linux)? Version and
support pack level?
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
bretty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have a HP Proliant DL380G5 with 4 GB of mem a 2.33GHz Intel Dual-Core Xeon Processor using (1) 10/100/1000 Nic.
Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 with plans to upgrade to OES SP2 in near future within next 6 months.
16 printers approx 150 pages per day.
0 Likes
Not applicable

bretty;2083117 wrote:
We have a HP Proliant DL380G5 with 4 GB of mem a 2.33GHz Intel Dual-Core Xeon Processor using (1) 10/100/1000 Nic.
Novell Netware 6.5 SP8 with plans to upgrade to OES SP2 in near future within next 6 months.
16 printers approx 150 pages per day.

I wouldn't have thought the additional load due to this print environment would cause any problems for you at all.

Had you been looking at moving 100 printer plus, and those were printing constantly throughout the day, then maybe that would have been cause for concern.

Cheerz
IanB
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.