Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.
1538 views

iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

I am currently running iPrint Appliance 1.0 with iPrint clients updated to 5.73 for Mac and 5.93 for Windows. When we access our iprint web portal to install printers all of my Mac and Windows drivers work except for one device on the Macs. It does work for Windows. The device is a Kyocera TaskAlfa 400ci color copier. The error message I get is "iPrint encountered a problem trying to install the printer. The filter(s) specified in the PPD could not be found/resolved." Thus, the printer does not install via iPrint. The drive was uploaded to the store using IE as instructed. As for the driver itself, the printer will function properly via this driver if it is installed using the Mac printer setup rather than iPrint. Unfortunately, installing the printer using the Mac process prevents me from establishing this printer as a secure one.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

On 12/13/2013 03:36 PM, dmantz wrote:
>
> I am currently running iPrint Appliance 1.0 with iPrint clients updated
> to 5.73 for Mac and 5.93 for Windows. When we access our iprint web
> portal to install printers all of my Mac and Windows drivers work except
> for one device on the Macs. It does work for Windows. The device is a
> Kyocera TaskAlfa 400ci color copier. The error message I get is "iPrint
> encountered a problem trying to install the printer. The filter(s)
> specified in the PPD could not be found/resolved." Thus, the printer
> does not install via iPrint. The drive was uploaded to the store using
> IE as instructed. As for the driver itself, the printer will function
> properly via this driver if it is installed using the Mac printer setup
> rather than iPrint. Unfortunately, installing the printer using the Mac
> process prevents me from establishing this printer as a secure one.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
>
>


Maybe tid7000373?

Upgrade to 1.0.1 is also a good idea.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not ex

Mysterious;2297766 wrote:
On 12/13/2013 03:36 PM, dmantz wrote:
>
> I am currently running iPrint Appliance 1.0 with iPrint clients updated
> to 5.73 for Mac and 5.93 for Windows. When we access our iprint web
> portal to install printers all of my Mac and Windows drivers work except
> for one device on the Macs. It does work for Windows. The device is a
> Kyocera TaskAlfa 400ci color copier. The error message I get is "iPrint
> encountered a problem trying to install the printer. The filter(s)
> specified in the PPD could not be found/resolved." Thus, the printer
> does not install via iPrint. The drive was uploaded to the store using
> IE as instructed. As for the driver itself, the printer will function
> properly via this driver if it is installed using the Mac printer setup
> rather than iPrint. Unfortunately, installing the printer using the Mac
> process prevents me from establishing this printer as a secure one.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
>
>


Maybe tid7000373?

Upgrade to 1.0.1 is also a good idea.


Mysterious,
Thank you for the quick response. I would like to update iPrint Appliance 1.0 to 1.0.1 but all I am finding is the evaluation version of 1.0.1. Do you have a URL for the full version download rather than the eval version?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

On 12/13/2013 04:26 PM, dmantz wrote:
>
> Mysterious;2297766 Wrote:
>> On 12/13/2013 03:36 PM, dmantz wrote:
>>>
>>> I am currently running iPrint Appliance 1.0 with iPrint clients

>> updated
>>> to 5.73 for Mac and 5.93 for Windows. When we access our iprint web
>>> portal to install printers all of my Mac and Windows drivers work

>> except
>>> for one device on the Macs. It does work for Windows. The device is

>> a
>>> Kyocera TaskAlfa 400ci color copier. The error message I get is

>> "iPrint
>>> encountered a problem trying to install the printer. The filter(s)
>>> specified in the PPD could not be found/resolved." Thus, the printer
>>> does not install via iPrint. The drive was uploaded to the store

>> using
>>> IE as instructed. As for the driver itself, the printer will

>> function
>>> properly via this driver if it is installed using the Mac printer

>> setup
>>> rather than iPrint. Unfortunately, installing the printer using the

>> Mac
>>> process prevents me from establishing this printer as a secure one.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time!
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Maybe tid7000373?
>>
>> Upgrade to 1.0.1 is also a good idea.

>
> Mysterious,
> Thank you for the quick response. I would like to update iPrint
> Appliance 1.0 to 1.0.1 but all I am finding is the evaluation version of
> 1.0.1. Do you have a URL for the full version download rather than the
> eval version?
>
>



1.0.1 is a free upgrade to customers that has bought 1.0 so it should be
on your customer portal, if not mistaken. If i'm, sure Joseph or Simon
will correct me 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

Mysterious wrote:

> 1.0.1 is a free upgrade to customers that has bought 1.0 so it should
> be on your customer portal, if not mistaken. If i'm, sure Joseph or
> Simon will correct me 🙂


You are correct sir. In addition, the link in the Customer Portal
likely just links back to the same download as the eval download is
still the full version. The only thing that takes it out of eval mode
is to install a full license which is available in the customer portal.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not ex

Thank you jmarton and Mysterious. I will go download the evaluation version to update my 1.0 Appliance and re-install my licenses for mobile and desktop printing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

dmantz wrote:

>
> Thank you jmarton and Mysterious. I will go download the evaluation
> version to update my 1.0 Appliance and re-install my licenses for
> mobile and desktop printing.


I believe when you upgrade it should keep your already installed
license.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not ex

Thank you both for the assistance. I have the iPrint Appliance 1.0.1 installed and functioning. The Novell Demo video on YouTube was helpful too. @jmarton I had to copy my licenses for Mobile and Desktop printing into the upgraded appliance as it does not migrate them over from v1.0.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

dmantz wrote:

> @jmarton I had to copy my licenses for Mobile and
> Desktop printing into the upgraded appliance as it does not migrate
> them over from v1.0.


Interesting... I'll have to ask about that. Thanks for the feedback.

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

On 12/20/2013 04:48 AM, Joseph Marton wrote:
> dmantz wrote:
>
>> @jmarton I had to copy my licenses for Mobile and
>> Desktop printing into the upgraded appliance as it does not migrate
>> them over from v1.0.

>
> Interesting... I'll have to ask about that. Thanks for the feedback.
>


https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b17j4o9d.html



When upgrading iPrint Appliance 1.0 to a higher version, the license
file does not get automatically exported to the new version.

This issue is caused because the license file is not automatically
backed up in iPrint Appliance 1.0.

To work around this issue, you must manually copy the license file from
the license folder of iPrint Appliance 1.0 to the license folder of
iPrint Appliance 1.0.1. The license file for both versions of iPrint
Appliance is located at
/opt/novell/filr/apache-tomcat/webapps/ssf/WEB-INF/license/.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: iPrint v1.0 Store had PPD but error says PPD does not exist.

Mysterious wrote:

>

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b17j4o9d.html

Ah, I guess next time I should RTFM. 🙂 Thanks for posting this!!

--
Your world is on the move. http://www.novell.com/mobility/
We know what your world looks like. http://www.novell.com/yourworld/

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.