Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

iprint Driver Store in unusual state after driver upload

Hi,

I'm running Linux OES 2 SP1 with latest updates. I recently tried to upload a Samsung PPD driver for Mac to my Driver Store. After attempting to upload, iManager waited a bit, then claimed to be in the 'Down' state. It produced the following error:

"The driver store did not reach the desired state within the alloted time. Check the driver store log file on the server. (var/opt/novell/log/iprint/idsd.log)"

I tried starting the Driver store from iManager several times, and got the same error

The idsd.log file reads as follows:

Oct 19 22:02:45 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 19 22:08:22 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [4859]

Oct 19 22:14:53 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 20 11:28:13 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [14558]

I tried doing a "novell-idsd restart" , but the it never comes back in iManager. Also tried rebooting the server.

A "novell-idsd status" shows that idsd is running.

The idsd process is consuming 100% CPU. I'm assuming it is related to "Building Driver Table of Contents", since a "Building Complete" event was never logged after my last attempted upload. It has been doing this for several days, so I assume something is hung up.

Users are able to print OK, but I cannot get iManager to recognize that the Driver store is running, so I can't upload drivers.

Is there a way to "clean out" my last attempt to upload the (corrupted?) Samsung driver. It appears my troubles started with this event.

Thanks for your help.

Nathan
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got it working again by renaming /var/opt/novell/iprint/resdir/deferred_compressions.txt , then rebooting the server.

This was suggested by user "fgastald" in his post in this forum on 7-Sept-09. I should have searched through previous posts first. Thank you Fabio, that solved my problem.

Nathan

nbroome;1875273 wrote:
Hi,

I'm running Linux OES 2 SP1 with latest updates. I recently tried to upload a Samsung PPD driver for Mac to my Driver Store. After attempting to upload, iManager waited a bit, then claimed to be in the 'Down' state. It produced the following error:

"The driver store did not reach the desired state within the alloted time. Check the driver store log file on the server. (var/opt/novell/log/iprint/idsd.log)"

I tried starting the Driver store from iManager several times, and got the same error

The idsd.log file reads as follows:

Oct 19 22:02:45 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 19 22:08:22 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [4859]

Oct 19 22:14:53 INFO Building Driver Table of Contents.
Oct 20 11:28:13 FATAL Another instance of idsd is already running [14558]

I tried doing a "novell-idsd restart" , but the it never comes back in iManager. Also tried rebooting the server.

A "novell-idsd status" shows that idsd is running.

The idsd process is consuming 100% CPU. I'm assuming it is related to "Building Driver Table of Contents", since a "Building Complete" event was never logged after my last attempted upload. It has been doing this for several days, so I assume something is hung up.

Users are able to print OK, but I cannot get iManager to recognize that the Driver store is running, so I can't upload drivers.

Is there a way to "clean out" my last attempt to upload the (corrupted?) Samsung driver. It appears my troubles started with this event.

Thanks for your help.

Nathan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.